S**T, S**T, S**T, STUPID IDIOT

General Biker Banter
Jaglifter

S**T, S**T, S**T, STUPID IDIOT

Post by Jaglifter »

Decided to fit 2 new tyres on my SP1.

Rear done, both ends up on the paddock stands. Decided to remove the rear stand to balance front wheel on it. BIG MISTAKE :( :( :(

2 minutes later. CRASH. Smashed front fairing, screen, left hand mirror and LHS light.

Now looking at £175 for new front fairing (which I now discover is actuaaly SP2). £35 for screen, £40 for mirrirs and £115 for light.........

I've cobbled it together with araldite, ally plate and rivets for now. Goes OK (tyres are brilliant) but looks a bit of a mess.

Live and learn I guess. :roll:
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
alan

smash

Post by alan »

sorry to hear your bad news Richard but never ever remove the rear while the front is up i guess you know now hope you get it sorted soon.

Alan
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Sorry also too hear of your mishap Jaglifter, it's gutting when you have to find out the hard way like that, I know how you feel :!:

That's interesting about the fairing being an SP2, because when I saw the first photo of your bike I instantly thought it was an SP2, until I read different :!:

Chris.
Wroey

Post by Wroey »

sirch345 wrote:That's interesting about the fairing being an SP2, because when I saw the first photo of your bike I instantly thought it was an SP2, until I read different :!:
Likewise, as its the same paintscheme as my SP2.
Just out of interest, what year/plate is it ?

Sorry to hear about that Jaglifter - ill ask around and speak to a few mates, see if there is any mint 2nd hand fairings around at the moment.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

8O 8O 8O
Bugger Sh!t Balls and F*ck Spring to mind

Bad luck Jag :(
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

What a bar steward :( :(

There was a guy selling replica painted SP fairing on eBasy last week (delivered from Hong Kong 8O ) for £350......
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

What a bu**er mate. :cry:
Hope you sort it to your satisfaction without too much wonga changing hands.
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Crash bungs my m8 worth thier weight in gold..... :wink:
sorry to hear about your misshap glad you can be philasophical about it, and try not to berate yourself too much... :)
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
Kitch

Re: S**T, S**T, S**T, STUPID IDIOT

Post by Kitch »

Jaglifter wrote:A heart-felt tale of woe...

"Goes OK (tyres are brilliant)"

That made me spray coffee... brilliant sentiment of a true biker.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Sorry to hear about the damage. hope you get sorted soon
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
orangestorm

Post by orangestorm »

OUCH... reminds me of the time I was turning the bike round in a pair of flip flops and caught the strap on the foot peg while stationary (most embarrasing) ended up on the floor outside the house neighbours piss--g themselves...no damage other than my pride :oops: :oops:
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Thanks for your replies folks.

The bike is definitely an SP1, but (as I suspected from the front spindle being half ground away) its been dropped at some point. This is confirmed by the LHS headlight lugs being araldited in place and the tank looking newer than its age. So I guess whoever fixed it bought the SP2 color fairing and removed the reference the number 2 from it (it actually just says SP on it).

Luckily my other half says my bodge looks like......a bodge! and I ought to fix it proper, so I guess I'll spend the money :)

For now I'll just ride it though........one bike on the road being better than two in the shed.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

OrangeStorm.

8O I can imagine!!!

I have just taken off those bits that are supposed to touch down first under the footpegs rather than the cans as I has a 'slightly amusing' incident at the w/e (well for those watching).

Filled up with fuel (now there's a surprise!) and looking real smart in the black and yellow bike colour matching leathers proceed to ride to the exit which is only a very short way from the pumps.
Hey, Mr Cool!!

Here's where that image falls apart though. Having ridden that 3-4m with my feet trailing just off the ground I go to pull away on a rolling start only I can't get my feet up. What the heck....................???
Both of those footpeg extenders are caught in the tops of my Sidi boots. 8O
I then can't get them unhooked so to speak. Bo**cks and other words flowed as I proceed to ride up the road slowly desperately trying to disengage boots from the extenders & worried if I stop I won't get my foot down and I'll roll over and I can't change gear ............ etc etc.
Cool? Yeah right :roll:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

LSM, it's a pity that wasn't filmed :lol: :lol: :lol: It appears you came out of it OK, I hope :!:
dookie

Post by dookie »

Dont you just h8 it when your new shiny plaything gets damaged for the first time?
Bad luck m8
There was a time i used to care