Excellent service at Heine Gericke

General Biker Banter
Hanuman

Excellent service at Heine Gericke

Post by Hanuman »

I've been emailing a Heine Gericke customer service manager the last week and a bit trying to resolve an issue. Today I recieved a full refund on a helmet bought over 6 months ago.

I'm very pleased with the service and it proves that if you don't ask you don't get.

Here's the story.

Back in the beginning of May when I passed my full category test I stopped off at HG in Plymouth with my new bike, to buy a new helmet, before making the journey back to the North East. The Shark S600 Air helmet I had been using during my DAS became uncomfortable and noisy which I didnt fully realise until I had spent a couple of hours on the motorway from Bournemouth to Plymouth.

I bought a helmet with the assistance of a store representative and the impression was offered that the helmet I had was inferior quality to some I was shown. I was fitted up with a helmet of the same size and paid £259.99 for a pretty GP Pro Racing AGV lid.

Not long after returning home with the helmet bedded in, I found the new helmet had become uncomfortable and noisy also.

I stopped off at another shop one day on Newcastle's West Gate Hill and after being measured it was deemed that I was another size below that which I had been reccomended by the Heine Gericke sales assistant (me 56cm - lid 58-59cm) My head was not measured at the Plymouth Heine Gericke store.

I bought a new helmet on that day way back in the summer at the competitiors store after being measured. The AGV lid had simply sat at home collecting dust until I had the idea of fitting the padding from a small helmet into it, however it turned out I had the large shell of two shell sizes and it couldnt be done.

I emailed customer services at Heine Gericke to relay my experience and to cut a long story short I was offered, and accepted, a full refund today.

This afternoon I went to the Heine Gericke store in Newcastle and gave them back the ill fitting lid. I had been considering getting some winter gear so I had a look around. I was fitted out with an excellent water/wind proof jacket, a pair of EDZ thermal socks, wind stopper glove inners and a cracking windstoppers goretex and thermal under shirt.

My faith in Heine Gericke, the spirit of man et al is now back in balance.

I can't wait to get out in my new warm jacket.
The Official Border Hooner.

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Excellent service indeed :!: :D
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Traded in my old wife for a new one........lost a bit on the deal (house, car, savings) but all in all very happy with the new one. 8)
it may be clever, but its not big.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

RAINMAKER wrote:Traded in my old wife for a new one........lost a bit on the deal (house, car, savings) but all in all very happy with the new one. 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As long as you're happy with the new model then that's the main thing :wink:
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

You can find them almost anywhere.............some are new, some used, and some need tarting up a bit before you ride them.
it may be clever, but its not big.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

And don't ask to see the service history on a second hand one
She may blow a gasket :wink:

Pete.l
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote:And don't ask to see the service history on a second hand one
She may blow a gasket :wink: