Hey all, Is the VTR a possible first bike?

General Bike chat
Crazy4_2wheelz

Hey all, Is the VTR a possible first bike?

Post by Crazy4_2wheelz »

I'm currently looking for a first bike and the VTR's are nice looking and I like the price too...

I was looking at the suzuki TL's but I heard they are bad bikes to start on! so anyone bought a VTR as there first bike? how was it? would ou recommend it?
stormy 1

Post by stormy 1 »

Hi and welcome,
any bike can be a first bike as it you that twists the throttle :lol: ,that said you then need to insure it!! :( .I went from a 400 to a storm and I would recomend it as a deffo first bike as if you want to take it easy it will behave,then when your ready WELCOME TO THE STORM!!!!! :twisted: .And yes TLs are a nightmare if prevocted(the only thing is you wont know till its to late :oops: ).So go on you know you want to!!!! :P .
best of luck stormy :twisted: :twisted:
noise polution?,you should see my MPG!!!
VTR1000fw,scorpian cans,dynojet and K&N all wrapped up in HRC colours.I need a HRC avatar!.
RQ

Post by RQ »

The VTR was my first bike ! Go for it ! The most enjoyable bike to ride. The laws are a bit different over here in Ireland, but I had never ridden a bike before in my life and got up on a (restricted) VTR, it took me half an hour to figure where 1st was......

Give it a while to get used to the feel of the bike and then get the restricter off, then get the full enjoyment !

Welcome to the world of VTR's. Check out the workshop page to see what is likely to happen and possibly how to avoid it........
RQ.
vtrjock

Post by vtrjock »

Do it!

My good lady took her test on one of those strange 500 Kwaks with half a shopping trolley welded to the bars! She'd never ridden anything before this..period. She hopped straight on the storm and loved it..gave it a lot of respect but was wasn't afraid of it. It tried to bite her twice on the clutch with two unintentional wheelies in traffic but...being a girlie...her first thought was to see if anyone was watching ! Now she loves it as much as her old man.
Mind you...having said that.....there's something fundamentally wrong watching yer wife blam off up the road on yer storm while you're doing the washing up ..eek. Hey, at least I get to play with her toys later. :twisted:
snigger.
NZred

Post by NZred »

Hi,
My first road bike is a VTR1000,.. and the advice above is all good,.. I don't regret getting mine. :D
Just don't be a nutta, :twisted: .. learn to respect the performance at your pace. :wink:
ENJOY,.. they are the best fun and excellent sound. :roll:
whaaaa Hoooo, O'l fart on the loose ... :o

http://www.superhawkforum.com/
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Just dont do what this muppet did...

http://www.sportsbikerider.com/useruplo ... kimpg.mpeg

:lol:
stormy 1

Post by stormy 1 »

Ewww,that going to hurt in the morning :twisted: :twisted: .
noise polution?,you should see my MPG!!!
VTR1000fw,scorpian cans,dynojet and K&N all wrapped up in HRC colours.I need a HRC avatar!.
Ralphie

Re: Hey all, Is the VTR a possible first bike?

Post by Ralphie »

Crazy4_2wheelz wrote:I'm currently looking for a first bike and the VTR's are nice looking and I like the price too...

I was looking at the suzuki TL's but I heard they are bad bikes to start on! so anyone bought a VTR as there first bike? how was it? would ou recommend it?
A year ago i had the same question. TL of VTR? I rode them both for a testdrive. Now, a year later i can say VTR is a good choice. Pretty easy to ride and comfortable riding position. TL was to me too aggresive and not that comfortable.