Mileage

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Close, yes, but no cigar :wink:

Looks like I might have to take a photo to support my claim. But if the fella who bought mine (just joined OzFS as Surfin) comes on the next trip in January, as he's planning to, then I guess he gets to take over as record holder.

However, for a time:km record, it's gotta be me me ME :D . I bought the thing with 12,000kms on it about 3 years ago.

Yes & no, Chris. I imagine the average rider over here would do more kms than you guys due to weather, distance, etc, but that's still pretty high. Most people try to sell them off by about 40-50,000.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote: Yes & no, Chris. I imagine the average rider over here would do more kms than you guys due to weather, distance, etc, but that's still pretty high. Most people try to sell them off by about 40-50,000.
You're right there, the weather is a big factor :!: :D
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Australia's also dry and sunny!!
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Just sitting here wondering if I should switch off & unplug due to the current thunder storm...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
jcdj

Post by jcdj »

32,000 miles cct went @29,000 new starter motor as the rubber boot on the power strap split and the bolt rusted into a blob and caused starting problems otherwise its a fab bike and I dont want anything else well maybe a later one, I went for a blast yesterday covering about 150 miles of twisty lanes and what a ride
I love my storm and I really dont want another bike what am I going to do
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

jcdj wrote:32,000 miles cct went @29,000 new starter motor as the rubber boot on the power strap split and the bolt rusted into a blob and caused starting problems otherwise its a fab bike and I dont want anything else well maybe a later one, I went for a blast yesterday covering about 150 miles of twisty lanes and what a ride
I think the CCT has been covered enough already :!: :wink:

The starter motor power cable nut (located under the rubber boot at the front of the starter motor) should be greased regularly with high melting point grease such as copper grease because of it's location :!: