am i being daft? speed freak seeks reassurance. RESULT IN!!!

General Biker Banter
Hanuman

am i being daft? speed freak seeks reassurance. RESULT IN!!!

Post by Hanuman »

I'm thinking of a hyabusa and want some good friendly feedback.

Here's my predicament;

I got into biking for a single higher purpose - drag racing in a car was just too complicated and expensive, so i gave it up. I wanted to drag a faster machine without spending £75K on extensive mod's to see 8 seconds.

I've done 3.5K on my storm in 3 months after passing DAS, it's my first bike.

I've had it pinned as much as I could safely allow in good conditions, thereby drinking oil like a fish, eating a chain and back tyre and buggering the CCT's. (getting fixed tomorow)

I'm no twisty god and to be honest riding on the twisties doesnt really inspire me - I never liked the roundabout at the play park when I was a kid - instead I jumped out of high trees into dense shrubs and swung on tarza's off viaducts into rivers etc.

It's all about acceleration for me. I'm too fecked to continue free falling these days, my body can't take it, i've gave up free climbing aswell and most other physical sports due to injuries and bad joints - so i've spent the last 3 years using machines to seek my needs. Now i'm realising my aim - a quicker machine.

It has been my intention from the outset to buy a high speed machine for drag racing and fun road use (in the right conditions) and it was always in my mind to ease into the storm then add to my collection come autumn.

So.... I had no fear with getting on a storm as my first bike - of course I aint trying to sound brave, it's just my attitude - of course I have had a few hairy moments when my heart has fluttered but it's all been controlled and mostly due to a bad day - So now I only ride when I'm sharp, and get sharper as I ride.

I'm coming into a bit of money (equity - divorce - nuff said) and whilst most will be banked, I want to play with about £5K ish, which after looking at bike trader should see me on a standard Busa with insurance... perhaps £5.5K tops. I'm looking to buy one mid next month. Intention is to use is to see the autumn out on good days when its dry, then lock it away for the winter and hop back on the storm and ride thru the winter on that, fine honing my riding and getting in some valuable experience in harsh conditions (more pertaining to mental tuning)

So, whats all my waffle about.. well I'm just looking for some friendly response which isnt directed to suggest I'll be dead in 4 weeks :roll:

I'm not indesructable for sure but I have a pretty good sense of mortality and have always approached my horizons with a level head.

so - tell me what you think of my plan.

It is acceleration I'm seeking, so would I be better off with a SP1 or R1? Top speed isnt everything to me - just kick in the butt pick up.

And i'm keeping my storm as my general hack about and will be adding to it to make it a comfy tourer :D

answer on the back of a post card please :wink:
Last edited by Hanuman on Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Official Border Hooner.

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.
Max

Post by Max »

Max

iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

i think you rational on this is good, if you want to drag and clock some good times then the Busa is the way to go, plus they have all the add on's you need to do some fast runs, Nitros, quick shifters etc. The engines on the busa's are pretty strong and will take the strain of a few mods.

I say go for it, as many have said before lifes too short and always yeild to temptation as it may never pass you again :lol:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

the busa....still has the best engine and like Iggy says lot of tuning parts available. Why not give Cresent suzuki a ring at Vernwood they do lots of tuning. apparently a gsxr 1000 and go to 190 bhp at the rear wheel.
Sure they know more about go faster bit for the busa than anyone.

let us know if you get to the drag strip we can all come and watch.
it may be clever, but its not big.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:yeah go n Karl.... Iggy will give you a race on his bonnie! :P :lol:
Nah, I might embarass him :lol: :lol:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

Go For it, I did and the busa is awesome. :D :D :D .

Mine's an 04 with 7000miles, blue flame 4 into 1 Power commander, Tre, double bubble, and loads of other bits. 182 bhp and very very fast. That cost me £5700 earlier this year. I put 5k on it since April, it's that good!! It's good in corners but you need a firm hand.

It's got a long wheelbase so it's easy to get off the line and just hang on. Totally different to the 'storm (that's chuckable and light) this is all about grunt, power everywhere torque, top end everywhere :lol: .

Go for a 01 or after and you get a stronger rear sub frame. The finish isn't as good as a Honda and you need to keep on top of the cleaning or it will perish :cry: .

Check out UKBUSAS.ORG if you want a lowdown on this bike.

But my advice is Try one out and you won't look back. :lol:
Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

My 2 pence....

I think getting a Busa if you are drag race addict is simply boooooooring.
Nothing new, just following beaten path. Everybody drag racing on tuned Busa's. Just everyone.

Oops....Pipstorm - no offence, I do not mean you - you obviously got Busa for full-on road experience...respect... Busa is definitely awesome bike and I really like it myself, it is only my riding geography that stops me from getting one.

So, back to subject. If you really are into occasional dragracing...Do you read Performance Bikes? They had quite a few drag race specials that still can do corners featured on last page. If you'd ask me I'd rather race special made of GSXR1100 than a Busa...
Or - you can get ZZR1400. It is even a few mph top speed faster than Busa....like it really makes difference :wink:
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
slim_boy_fat

Post by slim_boy_fat »

Busa is the only way to go for what you want.

There are so many parts out there fro them, its easy and relativly cheap to mod.

Clearly no car will give you what you want, and i would forget trying to mod the storm.

Busa with a lengthend swing arm and a turbo kit from Holeshot racing.

You can get about 350bhp without spending silly money ie >£10k

The busa is still a great bike (ugle a feck) but great, its getting close to 10 years old now and its still up there.
It's here.........
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

As I've said on here before, if the truth is told it's too fast. I really am waiting till I get lots of points and then it will go :( . It begs to be ridden very quickly and you don't realise it at all.

A mate bought one of the first ZZR14's and the only difference is that the busa has more low down power. So much so that he's just sold the Kwak as it wasn't as much fun as his old busa.

The ZZR14 is really a case of the newest and latest toy, PB tested them back to back round a track and the busa still came out on top :lol: not bad for a 9 year old bike.

However the "touring with my wife bug" hit hard this year, so next year a "Pan" is on the cards (so we can do Europe) but only if I can get a "toy" as well. So a cheap SP1 might be in the garage as well, now that would make a nice full garage.

But a year with a busa is something that everyone should do!!! :lol:
Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Yes, you're daft.

:wink:
Well, you did ask.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
Max

Post by Max »

VTRgirl wrote:Yes, you're daft.

:wink:
Well, you did ask.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Max

bluesman

Post by bluesman »

Pipstorm wrote:A mate bought one of the first ZZR14's and the only difference is that the busa has more low down power. So much so that he's just sold the Kwak as it wasn't as much fun as his old busa.

The ZZR14 is really a case of the newest and latest toy, PB tested them back to back round a track and the busa still came out on top :lol: not bad for a 9 year old bike.
Plus IMHO ZZR is ugly, properly ugly, looks like pregnant whale....

Busa is no beaty contest winner, but IMHO looks better than Kwak.

I read same PB report....saw 1400 last winer on Brussels salon. Still Kawasaki finally did it :) beat Busa on top speed after 9 years :lol:
As I said - like it matters :roll:
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
Hanuman

prepare yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post by Hanuman »

(first off Kaz - I had a GT4, scooby's look like mondeo's :lol: )

So.... I've scoured the net. Hyabusa.org - 200mph.or - Biketrader etc

spoke to a few people on the phone this morning and the day unfolded.

I was looking at a 05 Busa, 1800 miles on it, new tyres, lad had fitted full race system, electronic fuel management, had 40hp nitrous which had been removed and had only been used for full song runs. I was very tempted, he wanted £6K for it...

Then.......

I found on Biketrader a dealer in Peterborough selling 06 Busa's. 0 miles, on the road for £6995.

I twitched and my bottom fell out.

I simply could not resist. My local Suzi Dealer had 1 in stock and he wanted £8.5K for it, other local Suzi dealers had none and were'nt getting any more til the 07 bike come out.

So - I got my debit card out and slapped £3K down and chuckied the rest over 12 months - I'll pay it off when I gets my equity, tho the interest is only £350.

Getting it datatool 4'd.

Got it insured with carol nash for £515 tho TP only (tpft was £2.2K) will ensure it is anchor'd to the garage floor - no one will be able to steal it from the garage and I wont leave it anywhere while i'm out.

It is arriving next week.

I can simply not wait. I've bloomed!!!!!!!!

it looks exactly like this one, except it will look hotter with me on it :P

It will look spiffing in the stable next to my storm.

me is chuffed to the hilt.

so send me kisses and hugs matey mates.

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.
Hanuman

Post by Hanuman »

:lol: your scooby runs about 14.5 seconds Qtr mile then? enjoy it, 4wd tubby fun is great!!!

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.
Hanuman

Post by Hanuman »

get yerself to elvington or york raceway, straightliners do events at elvington - there should be plenty of dates left running right into October... it's a canny day out - just watch yer clutch if its standard.

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.