Sold the STORM !!!!!

General Bike chat
Loopy

Sold the STORM !!!!!

Post by Loopy »

Hi Guys.

The Storm has gone !!! Why ? I hear you crying. How could you replace such a fantastic V twin that goes like stink, steers and brakes well, sounds awesome and is an excellent all rounder that offers unbeatable value for money ? The truth is, it is the Storms own fault ! The Track day at Donington I did last month was such a good howl that I wanted more. The Storm did brilliantly round the track and embarassed a lot of sportier, faster bikes. But I wanted more ! If you love the Firestorm but want something sharper for the track, there can only be one choice. The Storm is gone, long live the SP2 !

Picked it up last Friday. Booked it in for its first service this Friday. First track day at Donington on Monday. Been out running it in most evenings. Increasing the rev ceiling every 100 miles. Clocked 550 miles now and got the revs up to 8500 (145mph). After the service on Friday I will do a few hundred more miles over the weekend to get it up to the red line before Donington on Monday.

Anyone fancy a blast around the Peaks on Sunday?

Found a great road on Sunday. The B664 from Uppingham to Corby. A bit narrow but twisty and really fast. Superb road and well worth a visit. I got overtaken by a group of 3 bikes (GSX 1000, R1, BMW R1150GS). Really frustrating because I would love to have played, but with only 100 miles on the clock I was restricted to 100mph !!! Next time boys.
LOOPY