yet another hello

General Biker Banter
eric 49

yet another hello

Post by eric 49 »

seeing as everyone else is saying hello i thought it was about time i did the same,have been lerking about since aprill when i bought a 02 (fy) storm (YELLOW)
have to say what an excellent board this is ,lots of folks who realy know their stuff about the storm. Big thanks to stormingben who posted drawings of a stand a few weeks ago,had one made up by a mate only cost me a tenner! thanks ben.
Fitted some Hyperpro fork springs this morn went out for a blast to try them out ,a couple of miles out of melton mowbray on tha B676(superb bit of road!) came across an ambulance, light flashing and not hanging about.Was very tempted to over take it just for the hell of it (would you of over taken it?) but thought better of it ,good job i did cos a few miles up the road lots of blue lights flshing and a closed road. A cop told me a bike was over taking some cars (on a long straight) when one of the cars pulled out to over take a pushbike and hit him.Bike ended up a good 100yards from where he hit the car,i had to wait while the air ambulence picked the biker up ,it looked very nasty.
Seeing the all this almost made me think about slowing down a bit,but as soon as i had the open road in front of me i thought fu*k slowing down :twisted: :twisted:
Oh yes nearly forgot ,the hyperpro fork spring are a huge improvment, much less dive on the brakes and bike feels much more stable a high speed.

Please by careful out there guys (and girls)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Eric :!: 8) Interesting about the springs :!:
I hope that poor guy in the accident is going to be OK :!:

Chris.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Yes, welcome aboard
A cop told me a bike was over taking some cars (on a long straight) when one of the cars pulled out to over take a pushbike and hit him.Bike ended up a good 100yards from where he hit the car,i had to wait while the air ambulence picked the biker up ,it looked very nasty.
Seeing the all this almost made me think about slowing down a bit,but as soon as i had the open road in front of me i thought fu*k slowing down
It has little to do with speed really, its getting a good forward vbiew, being aware of what's ahead etc. Sorry to sound sanctimonious, but after I did the IAM and Police Safe Riders courses, I learnt all that and its true. The number of time someone really clever overtakes me on or near a junction ( a definate no no) only to be hauled in when the going gets twisty :twisted:

The B676 is a great bit of road I agree. Don;t get over often enough from Norwich.