Low fuel... Again!

General Bike chat
philsmith

Low fuel... Again!

Post by philsmith »

Hi fellas,

Can you let me know how many miles (Average) I have left when the orange light comes on?

I had a very close shave last night, having to coast down hills etc, & running out just coming up to the station forecourt :mad2

Stupidly I didnt take note of exactly when the light came on! :oops:

is it 4 miles or 5 ?? Ha,Ha!

Cheers.
Have fun & Ride Safe.
Phil.
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

I normally reckon on about 15 miles before I really start to bottle it.
buzz

Post by buzz »

i did 19 miles on the m6 with the light on , average 60 mph 5th gaer , i was cacking mi pants when i got past 15

buzz
philsmith

Post by philsmith »

Cheers fellas,

I was reckoning on maybe having done about 20 to the fillin' station.

So it sounds like you're right to s**t yourselve if you get to 15 with no sign of a filler! :roll:
Have fun & Ride Safe.
Phil.
RichieCook

Post by RichieCook »

i was coming home from the northwest200 and done about 20 on the a69.....proper caking me pants! how many miles do you normally get before the light comes on?
Waheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
pricey

Post by pricey »

RichieCook wrote:i was coming home from the northwest200 and done about 20 on the a69.....proper caking me pants! how many miles do you normally get before the light comes on?
Short journeys I'm getting about 82 -88 on a tank, longer motorway journeys about 96 - 105 for the light on.

The best on reserve was 22.5, two hundred metres from the garage is conked, free wheeled all the way to the pump....phew!
Yes, another Fireblade owner, but fug me she shifts like s**t off the proverbial and handles like a dream (wet)
philsmith

Post by philsmith »

Pricey mate, you must be riding like a girl :wink:

I only get between 70 & 80 miles b4 reserve :!:

unless I've got a leak! :lol:
Have fun & Ride Safe.
Phil.
pricey

Post by pricey »

:lol: The bloody cheeky of it, if you look at my rear tyre, shagged after 1400 miles (D204) then I'm no girl....now, where's my handbag
Yes, another Fireblade owner, but fug me she shifts like s**t off the proverbial and handles like a dream (wet)
philsmith

Post by philsmith »

with all this talk of Ridin' hard, shaggin' rubber etc & girls, I think I need to go outside NOW & take my girl for a ride. :biggrin
Have fun & Ride Safe.
Phil.
Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Damn guys... I get 120miles almost EVERY time. And I'm always screemin by cars on the highways around here like 110+. 8)
Must be the Midwest American air or somethin? When I was in Florida I think I pushed about 17miles with the bingo light on. Hard to remember the number, but I was sweatin like a whore in church. :D
· Shaun
· 98 'Hawk
Trip Trip Nanny!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Swifty wrote:Damn guys... I get 120miles almost EVERY time. And I'm always screemin by cars on the highways around here like 110+. 8)
Must be the Midwest American air or somethin? :D
Now that is fantastic ! Especially considering the US gallon is 20% less than the Imperial Gallon.

How did you calculate the conversion from US to Imperial and how much to you put in your tank at each fill?

Matthew
BP team

Post by BP team »

I've done 30Km (17 miles) between 150-200KM/h (85-115 miles/h) before having to walk to the station. It depends on your speed...
A+
Oliv'
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

I have found a great way to save money and improve fuel consumption. Buy an SP2 ! The Firestorm used to light up at about 95 miles ridden at fast road speeds (80 around the track !!), managed another 20 with the light on riding gently. The SP2 is managing 110 miles at slightly faster road speeds. With a 4.5 litre reserve that means it should be alright for another 35 miles. I wonder if anyone ever bought an SP2 for its improved fuel economy ???
LOOPY
stormy 1

Post by stormy 1 »

DEAR SANTA
PLEASE,PLEASE CAN I HAVE A SP2 FOR CRIMBO! :roll:

BETTER STILL I WILL TELL THE WIFE ABOUT THE MPG THAT WILL WORK!! NOOOOT!! :lol: .
noise polution?,you should see my MPG!!!
VTR1000fw,scorpian cans,dynojet and K&N all wrapped up in HRC colours.I need a HRC avatar!.
Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Matthew wrote:
Swifty wrote:Damn guys... I get 120miles almost ...
Now that is fantastic ! Especially...nk at each fill?

Matthew
Apologies for lateness. Military life...moving around etc...
Anywayz, I usually fill the 4?? US gal tank up to the filler neck. $5-6. It works out to about 30mpg @ 120 miles per tank. I don't know about the whole math involved...but I do know the last time I went to the gas station, the tripmeter had 108 on it and no gas light came on??? :?:
· Shaun
· 98 'Hawk
Trip Trip Nanny!!