Tire Recommendation

General Bike chat
Scott Malcolm

Tire Recommendation

Post by Scott Malcolm »

Looking for some insight on what everyone is using out there. Its time to replace my rubber. I'm not looking for 'track' type tires, just good all-around grippy tires for a fair price that'll last more than 2k.

Suggestions?

Scott
8)
SteveR76

Post by SteveR76 »

Hey Scott,

Definitely recommend Bridgestone BT010s. Not the cheapest tyre around (in the UK at least anyway), but for fast road use they really are very good. They warm quickly, grip well enough to get the pegs down ;-) and are the best tyres I've ever used in the wet. All that and they last pretty well too. Expect to get about 3000 miles from the back tyre (unless your name is Colin Edwards....) Buy 'em, fit 'em, be happy!
Dodger

Tyres

Post by Dodger »

I'll have to agree with Scott on that they are spot on! I'm also a big fan of Dunlops 207 which i've just gone back to. They tend to be a little cheaper than the Bridgstones over here too. I paid £140 for my Dunlops which i consider to be very good.
Dodger
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Im with the 010 crowd, good grip in all conditions, and well up to the performance of the storm and most riders
nobby50

tyres

Post by nobby50 »

Forget the rest,fit the best,bridgestones.010 front for grip.!! 020 rear ,plenty of mileage and grip!!! 8) :D
scol1

Post by scol1 »

Have used 010s in the past,bloody good grip/wear compromise.
On reccomendation from local bike tyre supplier I've just fitted a pair of Metzeler Racetecs,feel really good,bike seems to turn much tighter,so far so good.Been told to expect 4000+ miles from a rear.

£200.00 fitted on bike.

John.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

What milage are you getting out of the 010 rear
And has anyone used the 020 on the rear, what milage did you get and how does it compare to the 010.

I had an 010 front and 020 rear on my last bike 600 bandit they transformed it.

My storm has got the origional Dunlop 204s on it, the last/first owner squared of the rear and did not use the edges. Do you think the Bridgestones make loads of difference like they did on the bandit.
Robbe

Post by Robbe »

Just stuck some 207RR's on this weekend.
Previously running Macrapam M90's.
Went out yesterday to start scrubbing them in.
Had one minor slide from the rear on a bit of polished tarmac.
First impressions, it turns in quick, very quick. Got caught out twice on a couple of bends.
But it also feels a bit flighty at speed, dont know if that was down the fact it very windy yesterday or i need to tweak the forks/shock a bit.
On the way back, started to crank it over some more and felt very planted in sweepers.
Well happy, since they only cost £150

Robb
Teamslug

207 RR

Post by Teamslug »

Make sure you scrub em in and after that you will notice a massive change from the macadams, they do turn quicker anyway but i have pulled the forks through the yokes as well and have 15mm of fork leg at the top now to get some more weight over the front and to speed up the steering, i have no probs with flighty/twitchy front end, they are top tyres you can really corner hard and pile the power on out of the bends :lol: we just need some decent sunny weather now :wink:
scol1

Post by scol1 »

RRs will stick better than 010s or Racetecs,but you will compromise on wear,was considering RRs when I went for my tyres fitting and was told that I'd be lucky to get 2000 miles out of an RR rear.

John
fastfrank

Post by fastfrank »

I have done 18k on 6 sets of tyres.Have just fitted a set of new Avons SP49 & SP50 cos they were cheap and you get a free jacket. They need time to warm up and the rear is wider than anything I've fitted before-only a couple of mil clearance to my pyramid hugger.Grip seems fine pegs down no problem. Seem stable at high speed.

FF
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Got the new tyres on Tuesday

Went for 012s the 010 replacments.

They are great, within 10 miles i got to the edge of both sides of the rear.
They warm up realy quick. The storm is like a new bike, the smile is getting even bigger when I ride.

They are far better than the Dunlop 204s that were on from new, which took an age to get some heat in to.
philsmith

Post by philsmith »

I just got a pair of 010's fitted, oh my god are they good, even in the rain I had good grip, & as for cornering, well I think I'll take the stabilisers off now :!: it's knee down everywhere (well in my dreams!) :lol:

Great fun 8O wow.

Phil.
Have fun & Ride Safe.
Phil.
Hooner

Post by Hooner »

They are great, within 10 miles i got to the edge of both sides of the rear.

8O 8O
I have a pal in the Stoke area with an SP1 who rode over to Derby (to me), with new 010`s fitted, he ended up having a "get off" even after travelling to me before the ride out...wrote the bike off ...ruined his gear....badly bruised all over and severlly damaged pride !
moral of the story...SCRUB EM IN WELL............hey hey hey.lets be careful out there.......to many idiots without us hurting ourselves !!
:cry:
Ride it like ya stole it !