The Good News & The Bad News...

General Biker Banter
VTRgirl

The Good News & The Bad News...

Post by VTRgirl »

The Good News...
At 7am today, I finished my last shift at work for at least 9 weeks 8) :P . I'm leaving at 3am tomorrow to ride to Sydney (about 1000kms). Should be there by about 3pm if all goes well. Last time (February) I made it in 9 hours 56 minutes riding time 8O :D (our speed limit is generally 100kph on the highways). Only got pulled up once, but talked my way out of it. Been looking forward to it for months. Got heaps of rides lined up when I get there & plan to clock up as many kms as I can in the next two & a half weeks. Should return on the 7th or 8th of Dec. 40kms over the limit here & you lose your licence, so keep your fingers crossed for me...

The Bad News...
When I get back, I have to have surgery that comes with a big chance of going wrong with some icky consequences. If all goes well, I'll be in hospital for about a week. But that's not the worst bit... It's unlikely I'll be able to ride for a good few months after that 8O :cry: :cry: :cry: ! (Hence the urgent need to clock up kms.)

So...
Feel free to be jealous over the next few weeks as I traverse the wonderful Australian country-side (catch you soon, Larry), but spare a thought for me after that as I'll probably be spending many an hour down in my garage, staring at the Storm & sobbing into my Smirnoff.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
logan7

Post by logan7 »

jealous ! you bet :wink: i think the way the weathers going for us its going to be a lean time for riding this winter :(
surgery ! sh1t i hope it all goes well :wink: you will be back on that storm befor you know it or a sad pathetic alcoholic :twisted:
The force is strong in this one
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You enjoy yourself VTRgirl, but take care :!: :wink:

All the very best with the op, we'll be thinking about you :!:

Chris.
kevg

Post by kevg »

Yup, we are all jealous.

hope everything works out on your return, keep us informed, and we'll be thinking of you.
cheerz

kev
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Yes......all the best for your surgery.....................but if it goes wrong can I have your bike ? :roll:
it may be clever, but its not big.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Paul, I guess I should've expected something like that from a BMW rider :roll: .

Thanks all, for your thoughts. I'll be checking in every now & then when I can whilst Sydneying and between Smirnoffs during my recovery.

Turrah for now (leaving in 2 hours & haven't quite made it to bed yet... :roll: ).
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Huh! Just missed you by my clock :cry:
Oh Well, have a good one and fill us in on the details when you get back :lol:
Don't forget to take loads of piccies so you can rub our noses in it some more whilst your recovering :wink:
Good luck
Pete.l
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

Yea, enjoy the ride VTRGirl - and best of luck in hospital!!! Drive safely now :lol:
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

Have a good trip VTR girl,and enjoy the drug's after sugery :roll: :wink:
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

good luck in the hospital.hope it all goes well :D
curly

Post by curly »

Good luck,
We'll all be thinking of you.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

virtual hugs......keep the storm, just need you fit and well.
it may be clever, but its not big.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Awww, shucks. Thanks for all the warm fuzzies guys! I almost feel bad for gloating about my Sydney trip. Had a good trip down. Left at 4am (after a total of 11 hours sleep over the previous 4 nights) & put in a thousand kms by mid afternoon. A nurse's work is never done, though. Had to help an old fella who tripped out of a car straight onto his head at a servo. Blood everywhere.

Sydney's been completely overcast & rainy ever since I got here though. Been riding with Larry & another fella from the Oz site, so at least I've been in good company, even if Larry does attract the boys in blue... Can't believe we didn't get booked!

Plenty more rides booked before I head home. Doesn't look like the rain's going to let up, but that's not likely to stop me. Probably just mean I'll be out riding by m'self.

Not looking forward to the op, so just not thinking about it for now. Will deal with it when I have to. Simple. Appreciate all the thoughts guys! Ta!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers VTRgirl for the up date, its good to hear so far everything is going well :wink:

Chris.
droid

Post by droid »

All the best kidda, keep smiling and however bad it gets just remember...it's bloody winter up here!!!! Grrrrrr