Super Bike Bars DONE!!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Masu

Super Bike Bars DONE!!

Post by Masu »

Well, I've been putting the bits and pieces together for sometime, and I have also been trying to get the time to do the mod, well I was able to do both this last couple fo days.

Hey I'm getting old, 39 next month, and I like my RMX250R Motard so much, I wanted a more upright position on the VTR, so I wanted to do the Pipe Bars or Super Bike bars conversion.

The kit from one of the German firms was a bit expensive (hey I want a new rear shock this year too!!) but I was lucky enough to pick up a used top bridge with the pipe bar lugs already attached to it on auction for 3000 yen (16 GBP)

When I attached this to the bike, while first removing the stock top bridge, the pipe bars would not clear the tops of the forks...... 8O

OK now I see why it was sold at such a low price. Now what can I do, I thought of putting a spacer between the bottom of the lugs and the top bridge, but then I would worry about everything flexing a lot.....

Heck why not just put on two bridges??? I had to cut off the ignition mounting lugs on the top bridge, but that did not take long. I had to buy some longer brake hoses, and a longer clutch hose, but that is OK.

I then mounted it all and cut the fairing, then cut the other side to match.

Here is a really cheesey shot of a comparison before and after, forgive my lack of phot shop skills.....

Go here to see more of the pics...

http://www.masutoh.com/bikes/vtr/vtr_pipebars.htm

Cheers!
"Not all who wander are lost."
-J. R. R. Tolkien
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Looks cool. Isn't it the same kit that Fluffy used on his storm? I rode that a couple of months ago and it was great, much more chuckable with the renthals fitted. 8)
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
Masu

Post by Masu »

I dunno what Fluffy did to his bike, but that is no "kit" but a one off on the cheap that I made myself, I'm saving for that Penske shock ya know :wink:

Taking the VTR to FISCO track this Sunday should be fun!

Cheers!
"Not all who wander are lost."
-J. R. R. Tolkien