Gite for rent?

General Biker Banter
simon t

Gite for rent?

Post by simon t »

Hi all. I've just managed to upload onto the web (with one or two glitches) details of my little property in Provence. Although not exactly a commercial proposition, we're hoping cover some of our outgoings, by renting it out - at very favourable terms - to friends and colleagues, which of course includes you lot :D .

http://members.lycos.co.uk/simont/

Apologies for all the pop-ups, but there ain't no such thing as 'free' hosting! No need to say much more, as all the info is on the site, other than there are some great biking roads nearby. :twisted: If you or anyone else you trust is interested, just e-mail and we'll talk.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Looks good Simon,

I shall be in touch about booking it for next year.

Cheers

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
simon t

Post by simon t »

ps One of the 'glitches' I have uploaded is that the e-mail address isn't linked :roll: . If anyone wants to contact me please use the PM facility on Firestorm UK for the time being. Thanks.
Simon
kevg

Post by kevg »

It does look good Simon, thanks for the offer, might take you up on it, anyone for a european meet up next year, we now have somewhere to go.... the idea isn't new.
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Very nice Simon, good luck with it.

Chris.
simon t

Post by simon t »

Kev g said:
It does look good Simon, thanks for the offer, might take you up on it, anyone for a european meet up next year, we now have somewhere to go.... the idea isn't new.
If you lot want to come down on a ride out, the gite would be free of charge if I'm there (and I will be). You will have to keep me in beer though! I'd include my petrol costs but that would scare you all off! :lol:

Sleeps 7 in beds, but room for lots more on floors! Could always open it up to non-stormers if needs be, to get the numbers up.

ps if fellow stormers want to book it for individual holidays I will come up with a VERY preferential rate. WHAT AM I SAYING? 8O

Simon
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Do like the idea of a rideout but doubt many would turn up if turnout in england is anything to go by.
but maybe not quite that bad cos many routes accros the channel, so might be easy to get to in reality
it may be clever, but its not big.
simon t

Post by simon t »

OK, sorted the glitches so it should all work now.

Rideout is well feasible, I've been there twice on the Storm this year. Gite is 620 miles from Calais, say a day and a half ride. Met bikers off to Italy for a long weekend (!) others off to Spain/Portugal.

So should we start planning now :?:
kevg

Post by kevg »

Sounds good, i would have to fit it into my busy schedule, of uni, TT, and getting a job, and the Manx, if i get a job, but if we plan it now they would have to honour all my pre-planned hols wouldn't they.

and then there is the BMF at Peterborough and Kelso, the Minehoff rally, and the two Mercury club rallies also.

God i'm gonna be skint again...what have i started.
cheerz

kev
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

kevg wrote:Sounds good, i would have to fit it into my busy schedule, of uni, TT, and getting a job, and the Manx, if i get a job, but if we plan it now they would have to honour all my pre-planned hols wouldn't they.

and then there is the BMF at Peterborough and Kelso, the Minehoff rally, and the two Mercury club rallies also.

God i'm gonna be skint again...what have i started.
Good time or skint ....hmmmmm ..... GOODTIME wins!!!! :D

I definatley like the idea of having a round down to Simons Gite, maybe a discussion to be had before we get too pissed at Southport??
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Kev Said
if i get a job, but if we plan it now they would have to honour all my pre-planned hols wouldn't they.
Thats the spirit :wink:

Pete.l
simon t

Post by simon t »

By the miracle of technology (i.e. despite my complete computer illiteracy) our gite now has it's own dedicated website (rather than the advert dominated one that I posted previously)! The domain name is http://www.la-clef-des-lavandes.net (don't ask me, Fabienne dreamed it up). Give me a call if you're interested.

Simon
simon t

Post by simon t »

Since posting the site I've made some amendments which should make it quicker to load. I'd be pleased to get feedback from you all on what you think of the site - aesthetic, content, technical.

And yes I know one thing that is missing is prices. That's deliberate 'cos at the moment I'm willing to do special deals to those in the know :wink:

Thanks.

Simon.
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

BUMP, we don't seem to have been here yet.
You still got it Simon i need a break.
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Fancy a holiday then dave?
Rich.