Fitting cans and re-jetting?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
BarryH

Fitting cans and re-jetting?

Post by BarryH »

I've just got hold of a set of Leo Vinci cans for the 'storm. Had conflicting advice re carbs and re jetting. Some say "yes" I'll need to re jet others have said "no". I'll not need to touch the carbs at all.

The Leo Vinci site doesn't give an awful lot of info. Thoughts/experiences people??
Girlie_Biker

Post by Girlie_Biker »

When I changed the cans on my ZZR I just popped em on and went - and boy did they go well.

Suck it and see I'd say! :)

Well done on bagging those btw :!:
ZZ-RAWR!
VTR1000 Firestorm "the Animal"
ZZR600E "the Baby"
GPZ500s "the Brat"
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

Tad more than I wanted but hey, still less than half the price of new ones. Spoke to the seller before the end and assures me they've done very little in the way of miles.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Barry,
They will be ok to bolt straight on without re-jetting
However,
you WILL notice a big improvement with rejetting and filter too

Mine was weak in the midrange which manifested itself as a chuffing great hole at 4-5k. After setup it is brilliant :lol:

Ben
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

So I finally got round to fitting these cans. Runs fine no probs what so ever. Unless you count setting car alarms off a prob!

It does run much better. No holes in the rev range and it seems to have a tad more torque and revs a lot more willingly. Love that sound too!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

BarryH wrote:So I finally got round to fitting these cans. Runs fine no probs what so ever. Unless you count setting car alarms off a prob!

It does run much better. No holes in the rev range and it seems to have a tad more torque and revs a lot more willingly. Love that sound too!
That's more like it Barry 8) A vee twin now going and sounding like it was meant to :wink: :D :D :D

Chris.