colour code not b154m then🤔

General Bike chat
seanc2

colour code not b154m then🤔

Post by seanc2 »

The vtr had a fairing which had two colours to it,im guessing bike might have been dropped,a panel repaired and sprayed by someone who was slightly colour blind.
I looked under the seat,no colour label so I messaged my local Honda dealer,gave him the registration,answer back b154m so I ordered a rattle can,but has you can see its not that colour!carried on spraying in curiosity on how good a finish i could get with a can.Image
I've worked out it's b162m,I'm not going to try and understand why the bodywork colour doesn't match the reg,another rattle can ordered,fingers crossed.

sirch345
Site Admin

Re: colour code not b154m then🤔

Post by sirch345 »

Dare I say it, but it looks like the colour you're practicing with is what we call 'Teal' :problem:
You would think the colour tied to the registration number would be the correct one.

Not sure if you have seen this yet? https://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 65#p212965

Screenshot below is taken from the link I posted above.
Paint colours.jpg
Chris.
seanc2

Post by seanc2 »

sirch345,
my only guess is,and i'm hoping it's wrong,the bike has been down the road and all the plastics and tank have been changed.Too late now its mine,I bought it and didn't check it's history, guess I got blinded by the fact I only paid a grand for it.
Sean
Thanks for the link,I had a look at it before, I used in reference with other information ive gotten hold of to see what 2000 model colours were available,
seanc2

Post by seanc2 »

how it looked like before
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

seanc2 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:21 pm sirch345,
my only guess is,and i'm hoping it's wrong,the bike has been down the road and all the plastics and tank have been changed.Too late now its mine,I bought it and didn't check it's history, guess I got blinded by the fact I only paid a grand for it.
Sean
Thanks for the link,I had a look at it before, I used in reference with other information ive gotten hold of to see what 2000 model colours were available,
Still a lot of bike for the money, so at least that is in your favour :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.