Márquez's 2024 chances

Any racing related stuff
freeridenick

Márquez's 2024 chances

Post by freeridenick »

I wasn't enjoying watching MGP this year until the second half of the season. I wasn't going to renew my subscription but now I'm having second thoughts.

Martin's improvement looks like it could make next season much more interesting. Plus there's Binder, Miller will be on his second season and should improve, the Aprilias are going well and then there's the raft of other Ducatis. It could be a much better season.

So how will mister championship-wrecker fare? My facebarf feed is full of Marc's rapid test performance but my inner cynic says so what. Loads of tests turn out with rides topping time sheets who are not fighting for the lead in races. I can even see a deliberate move by Ducati to give him a fast bike just for the headlines. Surely it's going to take him a season to be competitive, or at least too much of next year to be in with a shout.

Side question - if I can my MGP subscription where else can I watch the racing?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

MacV2

Re: Márquez's 2024 chances

Post by MacV2 »

ITV4 show highlights but think it's only MGP. Usually on the Monday after iirc.

I have it on bt sport or whatever its called now.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I now stick with the Highlights on ITV4 as Mac says for MGP, also WSBikes. It's not ideal, but I usually record it so I can watch it when I like.

As for M/M doing well in testing and then taking that to the track on the Ducati, only time will tell.
One thing that puzzles me is, there is usually only one number one rider in a MGP team, so not sure how that is going to pan out with his brother being joined by MM :eh: :eh:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's odd with the Aprilias.
Usually one rider does a lot better than the other at a round, rarely them both running together at the end.
Different tracks suit different riders, but you'd expect them to finish within a few places of each other on the same equipment.

Re Marques, give him a faster bike and he'll be able to launch himself even higher next year. Expect injuries early on in the season.

Re where to watch, I had actually ordered BT/ee as a switch away
from nearly 20 years with Sky, and gave Sky notice.
That would save me over £25 a month and give me access to BT sport- as I'll be retired I can spend all day watching racing if I feel like it.

Funnily enough, though, Sky called me with a week to go and offered an even cheaper deal plus free fibre broadband so I'm back to watching Moto GP highlights on ITV4 next year. But I get BSB, WSB and the car GPs in full, so I'm happy enough with those.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:14 pm ITV4 show highlights but think it's only MGP. Usually on the Monday after iirc.

The name "BT Sports" has been replaced with "TNT Sports" Lets hope they deliver on time :lol: :lol:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:14 pm ITV4 show highlights but think it's only MGP. Usually on the Monday after iirc.

The ITV4 highlights shows highlights of all of the races, not just Moto GP. They even show the sprint highlights if there is one.
The closest racing is always Moto 3!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Right ITV4 it is for me.

The Aprilia performance has been interesting. The KTMs are generally much closer, especially later on when Miller started to work the bike out. I'd definitely have expected the same from the two Aprilia boys. Maybe there's a bit of lead rider antagonism. Or some mixing and matching of upgrades.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk