Blue tooth ear buds

General Biker Banter
RAINMAKER

Blue tooth ear buds

Post by RAINMAKER »

Does anyone use them under helmet? For sat nav, or phone. Anyone have any suggestions please.
it may be clever, but its not big.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Blue tooth ear buds

Post by Pete.L »

All depends on what you fancy Paul and how you think your riding experience will be.

I had some little bluetooth ear buds in work. They were fine for about and hour and then needed recharging- Usless for going out on the bike though.

If you think it warrants it ,it might be worthwhile investing in a proper bike specific head set https://www.cardosystems.com/product-category/support/
I've got a cardo system one but Sena and plenty of other manufactures make pretty good one too. Mines got radio, GPS connectivity, Rider to Rider intercom and connects to the phone so I can use all the functions (playlists, pod casts, make/receive calls etc) on there too.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Thanks, they ones that stick to side of helmet, where do speakers go, how are they attached. Only really need to connect to phone maps when I get lost in cities I don't know.
it may be clever, but its not big.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Almost all modern helmets have positions at each ear where a pad can be remove to make room for the speakers.
The mic clips, sticks or glues to the chinpiece but if have a helmet has a pivoting chinbar you can use the boom mic that comes with the kit.

I recently bought a Cardo unit, it can pair with up to four in total. If you get a mesh type they have longer range and can usually pair with other types such as Sena.

And you can buy a pillion set if you take a pillion.

Have a look at your lid, unclip the side padding and you should be able to see the cutouts. Check that the speakers will fit, better sound quality ones (mine has 2" JBL) may not fit if your cutouts are not large enough, but you can cut small sections out if so.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
xeris

Post by xeris »

I have been looking at Bluetooth ear buds also. What has kept me from purchasing a set, besides not knowing the price/quality ratio, is ambient noise reduction, or the lack of. I use ear plugs and when I have experimented with wired buds, the noise level was, for me, too much. Seems counter intuitive to use helmet mounted speakers with ear plugs.
I stumbled upon this https://snugs.com/?utm_source=Welcome%2 ... _6G.UifCmz
It's a UK based company. Wondering if anyone here has used their products.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Another vote for a cordo or senna type intercom with the speakers fitted into the recesses in the helmet. Strangely they work even better with earplugs suppressing the wind noise
AMcQ
ItsaKeeper

Post by ItsaKeeper »

+1 on the Sena blutooth/mesh headset, never used a headset before this year and a mate told me to get one (and a quad lock) for a trip we were going on. I initially rubbished the idea but am a complete convert now. Some helmets have an exact space where the ear piece goes and other have a general area where you can fit them, mine was the latter so I tried a couple of positions to get the best effect :plainsmile