Sidelight Stopped Working

General Bike chat
Francom82

Sidelight Stopped Working

Post by Francom82 »

Hi all

Have just been to change the sidelight bulb in my bike to a newer capless bulb, and now the sidelight isn't working at all.

Bulbs are fine, have checked them, checked their is power to the bulb holder, but no illumation.

Could it be a bad earth or is there some switch I don't know about? Is this a known issue?

It's utterly bizarre, was working 1 min then not working the next, I didn't touch anything other than swapping the bulb, and now the original doesn't work either.

I'm baffled!

:confused
tony.mon

Re: Sidelight Stopped Working

Post by tony.mon »

Some led bulbs have to be fitted in the correct direction, try turning it round.
Checked the fuse?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Francom82

Post by Francom82 »

The LED bulb worked fine, but was too big, so put the original bulb back in until I got another replacement that fitted, but now neither the original bulb works or the new one. There’s power to the bulb holder I checked.

Which fuse should I check for the position light (side light)?

Could be a bad earth?

F
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Francom82 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:07 pm The LED bulb worked fine, but was too big, so put the original bulb back in until I got another replacement that fitted, but now neither the original bulb works or the new one. There’s power to the bulb holder I checked.

Which fuse should I check for the position light (side light)?

Could be a bad earth?

F
If you have power to the bulb holder (12 volts) it won’t be the fuse blown.

If you have a multimeter set it to test continuity, then see if there is continuity between the earth terminal in the bulb holder and the bike frame,

Chris.