carb type VPT0B vs VPT3A for a '97 VTR

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
RodneyT

carb type VPT0B vs VPT3A for a '97 VTR

Post by RodneyT »

Hi All
About to tackle the carbs on my project '97 VTR. I got 2 sets with the bike: a dismantled, cruddy set of VPT0Bs, which I believe are the correct type for '97, and an assembled, very clean set of VPT3As all wrapped up in cloth which I believe are from the later models with the PAIR valving. I'm not completely confident all the parts are there for the dismantled set and they look to have been a bit butchered as one of the pilot jets has had one side broken off where the slot is

I'd ordered a rebuild kit to fit a '97 before I realised the carbs were off different models.

Can I use the later carbs? It looks to me like the main difference is the takeoff from the front vacuum tube to the PAIR valve. This would need to be blocked off, I assume. Any other differences I should be aware of?
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: carb type VPT0B vs VPT3A for a '97 VTR

Post by sirch345 »

Probably a bit late now, but I found this information below. Not sure if it helps though :eh:
VTR Carb info.jpg
VTR type code. Country ID..jpg
VTR carb INFO(2).jpg
Chris.
RodneyT

Post by RodneyT »

Thanks Chris
Apologies for belated reply but been away for the last month. Have also had info from a local forum suggesting all the carbs are essentially the same and can be swapped between years.
Anyway, the kit I bought here from an Australian company had the A1UF and A1UE Jet needles so may need to get an A1UD and A1UC to get it running right.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good luck with it, I’m sure you'll get there,

Chris.