OP storm Scotland 4th, 5th & 6th Aug 23

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

tony.mon

Re: OP storm Scotland 4th, 5th & 6th Aug 23

Post by tony.mon »

Great write up. Al, I'll be back for next year.
My son's girlfriend will be dropping a sprog in the spring, so I need to get out of the house as much as possible!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Great write-up Al and thanks for the pics even though some of us look like we have one foot in the grave. For me it was the first proper ride since February. I'd softened the Ape up as much as possible (compression damping and preload) but it was still scarily competent. Only doing half days on the Saturday and Sunday was the right decision and I only racked up 540 miles compared with Steve's 740 but we took the wiggly way home and arrived in good shape. It looks like Steve has an oil leak which might explain some of the rear wheel wierdness he experienced. I'm thinking of organising an Op (ex) Storm Northumberland for next year. There are some fine roads on the East side of the scottish borders and northern England. Once I decide on the best date I'll be asking for interest.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:08 am I'm thinking of organising an Op (ex) Storm Northumberland for next year. There are some fine roads on the East side of the scottish borders and northern England. Once I decide on the best date I'll be asking for interest.
:thumbup: I'm in! :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Pete.L wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:11 pm
KermitLeFrog wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:08 am I'm thinking of organising an Op (ex) Storm Northumberland for next year. There are some fine roads on the East side of the scottish borders and northern England. Once I decide on the best date I'll be asking for interest.
:thumbup: I'm in! :D

Pete.l
LOL, you know the area Pete.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I like the roads in the north east, sadly I only saw them through the van windscreen last time I was up, so a chance to play on the bike would be nice.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.