Riding jeans

General Bike chat
Kev L

Riding jeans

Post by Kev L »

Not really considered them previously but I’ve heard good things about the new generation riding jeans. Anyone use them? Which are the better makes? Single layer or multi layer? Ideally I’d like something that doesn’t look like a bike specific jean, something like the PMJ Deuce.
Your thoughts please.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Re: Riding jeans

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:02 pm Not really considered them previously but I’ve heard good things about the new generation riding jeans. Anyone use them? Which are the better makes? Single layer or multi layer? Ideally I’d like something that doesn’t look like a bike specific jean, something like the PMJ Deuce.
Your thoughts please.
Do they do them with the high waist band & will they match your slippers ? :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

i had some from sportsbike direct they are warm (in summer) and really comftable i use them when i cant be bothered with 2 piece leathers or my race suits (which i havent worn for a good few years ha ha ha) they do look a bit funny tucked into my wellies though :Beer Popcorn:
hey mister does pi--ing on the lemon tree make em grow better

no kid but it sure makes your ma mad (fastest indian) :crazy:
i always wanted to ride a v twin now i got one i still cant :D
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Hi Kev I have a pair of Spidi Jeans, have had them a while you wouldn't tell them apart from a pair of quality Levis or similar got to have them a bit longer than usual to stop the wasps going up your leg ! i wear them down the pub there that good, and as for protection i read a test by an independent tester that said on the sliding down the road test they lasted longer than your average leather pants, 10 second if i remember correctly, and 10 seconds is a long time, so i went for it, turn em up a bit and wear combat boots, or race boots, they also stop you from walking around like you've filled your pants, oh and try em on first weird sizes ,Cheers Steve
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks boys (not you Mac, you banjo twanging knob! :wink: ).
Exactly why I want them. Pop out for a little ride and end up at the bike shed/cafe/pub or some such and you don’t look like a refugee from a race track!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I got a pair of Kevlar jeans from Lidl, not the best but comfortable and have knee armour and look ok in a pub etc and at £30 great value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Pentode

Post by Pentode »

The Missus and I have 'Hood Motorcycle Jeans' loaded with D3O armour. They're remarkably comfortable baring in mind that if I were to hit a Transit van, the van will probably come off worst.... 😊
Insufferable halfwit.