Post by northmanuk »

can anyone tll me how to build the petrol tap on my 2003 vtr please
hey mister does pi--ing on the lemon tree make em grow better

no kid but it sure makes your ma mad (fastest indian) :crazy:
i always wanted to ride a v twin now i got one i still cant :D
MacV2

Re: help

Post by MacV2 »

northmanuk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:33 pm can anyone tll me how to build the petrol tap on my 2003 vtr please
There will be 4 screws on the back plate. Undo & the back plate will come off along with a second inner plate.

Remove slowly & under control as there is a spring. It will ping off & find the 10mm socket black hole !

This will now reveal the diaphragme, there will also be a plastic disc in the center.

Remove the plastic disc to get the diaphragme out, behind the Diapphragme is a rubber bung, this it what the plastic disc locates into.

Last one I had apart this rubber bung had disintegrated, so check it's in the new parts before taking it apart...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

Hi Mac, I don't have a white disc. I am well and truly stuck. Not with fuel tap but with what has to be done. I would gladly pay someone to help, but there is no one around here. It needs the radiator, the carbs and the airbox fitted and the front rocker cover. My hands are really bad with the weather and I am just about ready to give up and throw the bike out :roll:

northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

no help needed i have got the rocker box on after three days and three tankers of silicon im just mesmerized by the number of pipes to connect
i wonder if vincewntsa have as many hoses. oil cooler is on and now im up to the radiators im giving it a couple of dAYS before that challenge
im sorry if my posts are bad they are the only thiong keeping me going