And down the road she went

General Biker Banter
sparky750

And down the road she went

Post by sparky750 »

Out for a blast yesterday all going great then i hit a monster pothole on the apex bike kicked up a bit spat me off but she kept going chased her for all my worth i was 2 metres away she fell over :cry: so cracked fairing needs new indicator and the bloody tank is scratched only had her 3 weeks :oops: she's in for a price on friday sick as a parrot whose just ate poo.
The voices made me do it
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

U-n-n-n-n-n-lucky !!!! :o
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Awe m8.....

bad news eh......

how sickening that must be..... just reach the bike..... over it goes...
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Bad luck Sparky

Good to see that you are ok though.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

Cheers mainly bent pride but she's in for a price on friday so i'llsee how much its really gonna hurt then :cry:
The voices made me do it
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

What a bummer. Can you sue the council for the hole in the road? There were 4,000 in Blackburn Lancashire apparently. If you are under forty then you probably won't get that!

I think I'd be more upset about the bike than myself if I had a spill!
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

Not sure if i can be bothered with the hassle of chasing the council for it got my price today 450 all in with a set of braided race lines fitted too. I was absolutly gutted when my bike went down don't care about bones and skin but my bike enough to make me cry.
The voices made me do it
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

Not sure if i can be bothered with the hassle of chasing the council for it got my price today 450 all in with a set of braided race lines fitted too. I was absolutly gutted when my bike went down don't care about bones and skin but my bike enough to make me cry.
The voices made me do it
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

sparky750 wrote:Not sure if i can be bothered with the hassle of chasing the council for it got my price today 450 all in with a set of braided race lines fitted too.
Ain't that the British 'mustn't grumble' way!!
If you really beliee that their crappy road surface caused you to crash then they DESERVE to be made to pay. The next poor bleeder may not be as lucky as yourself and the only way you can improve matters is to hit them where it hurst -in the wallet

And its not a big hassle, just a few letters and a long drawn out process :wink:

Ben
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

My girlfriend has said she's gonna chase it up she's been and took pictures and measurements pics of my bike and jacket and my legs (not pretty :oops: ) teach me to wear just jeans for a week or 2 :oops:. she works for the goverment so knows all the jargon etc plus beacuse i dont care as she put it she gets to keep any money bloody women :lol:
The voices made me do it
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Had a friend over here (oz) who got a solicitor to do the letter thing in the same circumstance. The council settled, so definitely worth chasing up. Maybe you've got a "friend" at the bike shop who reckons there might be a tad more damage than 450... ?? Keep us posted!
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

Cheers she's spoke to them on the phone and they said no problem send in the pictures we'll check it out but we will pay for the damge caused 8O so she's buying a new pair of bloody jimmy choos or something like that :? frightend to ask and learnt a while back its better not knowing :x
The voices made me do it
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Sparky wrote
frightend to ask and learnt a while back its better not knowing

Too right there Sparky, what you don't know won't hurt you mate :wink:

On a more serious note I'm glad to hear its going to be resolved (fingers crossed)
Chris.

PS Well done to your girlfriend!
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

Sweet god it got my interest quick search found "jimmy choos" are shoes that cost about 500 notes 8O now i buy expensive things but we're talking about a girl who has 100s of shoes already and apparently already has some jimmys as she puts it from now on i'm not even gonna ask
The voices made me do it
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

:lol: I've got one pair of nurse shoes & about 6 pairs of boots. I reckon if I added them all up, they might come to one pair of said "jimmy's" :roll: . The Storm's my only transport, so there's not much use having anything else. Think there's an old pair of Dunlop Volleys in the back of the cupboard somewhere for tennis... :wink: