Wish the weather would makes it's mind up.

General Biker Banter
sparky750

Wish the weather would makes it's mind up.

Post by sparky750 »

This weather sucks got up this morning it was sunny had breakfast was about to get ready to go out and it's bloody rainy now. Dont normaly mind riding in the rain, but my storm is still shiny and new plus i haven't had time to get a double bubble screen yet, the standard screen is perfectly placed for the wind to hit me just below my lid so thats where the rain is gonna hit. Just a general moan off to do a sun dance.
The voices made me do it
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

well down in kent....got up at 5am, went out, cloudy but warm, starts pissing it down so i come home. been home about 2 hours and the sun comes out so off i go...now im back in and its UBER cloudy outside but still dry just...hoping it will stay that way so i can get some riding in the afternoon in!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
trebs

Post by trebs »

been out in the SLK all morning, roof down. Blue sky, puffy clouds, bit of wind. Had some nosh now I'm debating a burn on the bike. Same skies, threat of thunder.. .. .
A coffee in Brugge? risk it.. hell, yeah. :)
Squiffythewombat

"debating a burn on the bike"

i was gonna say.....is there anything to debate, lol!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

trebs

Post by trebs »

Squiffythewombat wrote:"debating a burn on the bike"

i was gonna say.....is there anything to debate, lol!
haha.
It stayed nice... a good ride. Sunday riders everywhere though. <sigh>
I'm no hero but when you get a few of the flipflop and t-shirt brigade chasing you on their barely run-in 3 year old blades, It scares the pants off me.
I leave them to blatt past me on the straights, I just catch them on the bends.

The big thing here is for Mr and Mrs to have a bike each. Dangerous as hell as most have won their licenses from Kelloggs and just use the bikes on sunny days. I got stuck in a group of them on the way home, but as the 'blades had already scared my pants off I was left to go commando. grit my teeth, hope none fell off before I could squeeze past and leave them behind to play.

Hmm, that all sounds like a rant.

Another thing.. were you all taught to left-foot stop too? and not yank the front brake each time you need to slow in traffic? My guess is most were.
Was a Mr Pan'Euro next to me in some traffic, he was bouncing the forks like mad, Mrs Pan'Euro was donking his lid every time too, after 5 donks I heard him yell some choice works at her. :) Of course, when he did have to stop, it was a 2-footer panic plant, wobblestop. Hillarious.

Apart from all that, I had a great ride.. "I'm lovin' it"
Rob.
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

Yeah went and had a play myself managed to get the snake pass in few plod about but made me love the firestorm even more just cleaned her and tucked her in. Managed to get 67 miles from full to low fuel warning :o i was wringing itsneck but even my gixxer wasnt that bad. Still had a great little tussel with an R1 and kept with him right the way through much to his anoyance :lol: and i havent even started to push it yet until i swap the tires and get a better feel for the bike. This bike is really gonna upset some people :P
The voices made me do it
jollybod

Post by jollybod »

Err, Squiffy, aren't you a student? There should be only one reason to be up at 5am. And that's not being sober enough to ride a bike. It involves being outside a kebab van on your way home from the seediest night club in town. Ready to emerge at about 8pm. Bank holidays? We tax avoiding students have them everyday.....! :lol:
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

You guys should all move to Sunny Essex....

apart from the very infrequent odd little shower, it's been officially declared that there has been "no recordable rainfall" for the last 5 weeks.....

(i just know i've hex'd the rest of the summer now)

Otherwise, loads of storming to be had.....
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

There you go......I knew there had to be an upside to living in Essex :wink:
Rich.

Squiffythewombat

jollybod wrote:Err, Squiffy, aren't you a student? There should be only one reason to be up at 5am. And that's not being sober enough to ride a bike. It involves being outside a kebab van on your way home from the seediest night club in town. Ready to emerge at about 8pm. Bank holidays? We tax avoiding students have them everyday.....! :lol:

yup pretty much, and just keeping my bike on the road is a total mission so i like to make the most of it and cain the roads when theres no traffic! then about miday i come home and chill with my beer :-)

as for the sunday warriors, funny you should mention that, ive got my new numberplate on the way with "i eat sunday warriors" on the bottom, my best mate has "i eat shedded wheat" ;-) its going to REALLY PISS some people off but down here in kent, there is literally 100times the amount of bikes out on a sunday, all with t shirts and egg shell helmets, pulling silly speeds on the straights and then stacking it when a "bending thing" comes up!
When you come up behind a load of bikes, its sooooooooo rare for any of them to ride it hard or take normal lines, and half the time you feel like your insulting them when u wizz past after being bored 5h1tless the past 10 miles!
we followed this one dude about 5 miles, he was filtering with really odd lines and as such neither me or my mate could overtake or go round, just had to poodle along at his pace. at the lights he suddenly turned round and said "sorry i didnt see you". personally i tend to look in the mirrors at least once in 5 miles!!!!!! classic tho, jeans, super clean helmet and bike!

~~END OF RANT~~~

sorry but the sunday riders annoy me! sorry to any of you sunday guys out there, its not the prinicple just the typical no-leathers, no sense approach they all take!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

got to admit lately i've been riding on a sunday alot more mainly cos of work and shock horror i wear jeans sometimes :lol: purely because i'm lazy if only out for a short while i do know better and should have learnt my lesson long ago. Look at the sunday riders they're still out there doing it when they can fit it in thats the way i used to look at it even more so now i'm almost there myself :cry: i wanna job i can use my bike for every day :(
The voices made me do it
tattie

Post by tattie »

The weather sounds not too bad with you lot down south. last week we had Rain, hail, sleet, snow (for about 10 mins) and gale force winds.
Mind you the weekend was much better, but I had to work :cry:
Today it was fine till about 12.30 when it monsooned untill 7ish.
Reading in the papers last night they said that a cold damp May usually leads up to a cracking sunny & dry summer.
Roll on the 18th.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

Sunday was absolutely gorgeous, not a cloud to be seen, about 22 degrees. Hope I'm not making you guys jealous! 8)
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
trebs

Post by trebs »

weekend coming...

30+C here. Phrooaaah.

I'll be in Disneyland Paris all weekend. So not out on the bike :(
Mind you, in those temps the car's airco will be welcome.
Max

Post by Max »

I Did just under 500 miles on the bike yesterday and I saw everything from Sun through to hail and snow. The hail was in North Wales so I shan't be going there again it hurt too much, it was like being shot.

Max