Clocks all over the shop!!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
JamesD

Clocks all over the shop!!

Post by JamesD »

Hi there,

Been a bit of a lurker on this site for a while, picked up some great tips....however have not managed to find a solution to my problems so any suggestions would be welcome.

Riding into work today and started to notice a problem with my clocks after some heavy braking. Firstly they just died, everying was blank! But the indicator lights still worked. Then then started flicking about wildly, seemed to be more of a problem with revs on....speedo and revs back to normal at idle but the temp gauge was incorrect.

Not sure what I could have done to cause this problem, and suggestions welcome.

Regards,

JD
Bink

Post by Bink »

Sounds like a loose connection to me. Did you check the wiring?
JamesD

Post by JamesD »

I will be the first thing I do at lunchtime, I am assuming there are various block connectors around the back of the clocks that need looking at...I just found it strange that the gauages were flicking all the way round the dial, with a loose connection I would expect either a reading or not, my temp gauge was at 2/3rds and static, which was the wrong reading as I had just set off.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

James

Might sound like a daft question but your had'nt just washed it or been through rain have you?? just I had a similar thing once and it was damp in some of the connections, especially the speedo pick up at the rear of the engine block.

Just a thought

ian

P.S. welcome
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Me too........

worked fine after afew days....(fingers crossed)....

The Odo will be next to go though. :wink: .... (see Sigma BC800 thread)
JamesD

Post by JamesD »

Well the speedo and revs seem to be back to normal now, however the temp gauge rises as the revs increase. Not had chance to strip everything down and check the connections, such an irritating fault!! :x