Back firing when changing down a gear?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

brill, thanks for all the help,

ive checked the pipes and still cant find an obvious leak, however i ran the bike on 98unleaded and it seemed to backfire alot less? put 95 in it from this other garage and BANG BANG BANG....i think it might be something to do with my regular garages fuel? or is this just stupid?

either way i will have kaz's ART cans soon (cant wait) and when they are put on, i will get them to check over all the pipes and nuts.
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
rockape34

Post by rockape34 »

I've just put ART Race cans on and Dyno'd, The bike now runs much smoother, but, how loud??? saying that, the bike plod followed me the other day and did'nt pull me over., why not Iam not sure cos the cans are loud.........and release the thunder----GREAT I now have a smile on my face the wife fails to achieve...

Bike safe :twisted:
robin1000

Post by robin1000 »

Fuel makes a big difference to the running of the bike. The quality varies dramatically from garage to garage.

When I raced on the IOM I filled up with 98 octane from the local garage and my gixer ran like a bag of spanners.

98 from the pump at the paddock and it was a different bike.

Everything else mentioned is valid, and there's no better remedy than a good set-up.

Robin :D
Bikes and scorned women don't mix!
Squiffythewombat

yipeeeee i cant wait!

although....i filled up from several stations over the past few days and its still back firing so maybe it is the leaks etc....ill wait for the cans to go on and if it still does it then ill investigate further i think???

bad plan? or this ok you think?
Squiffy_The_Wombat

logan7

Post by logan7 »

Squiffy mine has a very small crack in a weld on the headers just at the back near where it goes into the cans. i can just feel the air coming out . but on the overrun my bike pops great, i love it :twisted: if its just air getting in then enjoy it. :wink: i do
The force is strong in this one
Squiffythewombat

yeah i fully admit to loving the shotgun style BANGS....it does make me sadistically chuckle as pedestrians jump!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Squiffythewombat

arts fitted and banging is now a low popping, and even that is because its got no gaskets at the mo.....obviously a leak, join or screw up somewhere... :-)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Squiffythewombat

VTR1000KAZ wrote:Squiff hun...the low pops probably don't sound as bad/loud coz the noise the cans make are pretty loud......therefore you can hear the roar above the pops ! lol
that could well be the case, either way they sounds gorg and every time i start her up a smile hits my face, they also now enabled me to pull power wheelies, crap ones, but still, i cant get over how smooth its made the throttle!

whats this kill switch thing then? sounds intresting....
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Squiffythewombat

o0o0o0o0o0o i might have to give that a go, PMSL!!! im just about to go out for a spin again, although its super windy! ill let you know how i get on...
Squiffy_The_Wombat