Lions tour selection: My Ar$e

General Biker Banter
grumpyfrog

Lions tour selection: My Ar$e

Post by grumpyfrog »

For those of you interested in the upcoming Lions tour, what a load of bolloxs.
2 Scots only, we beat the Irish and the Welsh convincingly yet they have 10+ each.
(and if you think it's just me, go onto the BBC Sport website and look at those comments.... LOL)

Enough moaning, the games will be good, now I need to plan: get up early to watch the games, or just STAY UP ALL NIGHT?.... :beer: :beer:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
bigr250

Re: Lions tour selection: My Ar$e

Post by bigr250 »

grumpyfrog wrote:For those of you interested in the upcoming Lions tour, what a load of bolloxs.
2 Scots only, we beat the Irish and the Welsh convincingly yet they have 10+ each.
(and if you think it's just me, go onto the BBC Sport website and look at those comments.... LOL)

Enough moaning, the games will be good, now I need to plan: get up early to watch the games, or just STAY UP ALL NIGHT?.... :beer: :beer:
As an English rugby nut I can only agree with you, certainly about the Welsh content. Leigh Halfpenny (while a great kicker) isn't in the best form of his life, Jonnathan Davies at centre is also on the end of some desperately mediocre form and Alun Wynn Davies (IMHO) certainly hasn't done enough for inclusion. Also, to give the captaincy to a player who has proven to the world only shows anything like decent form without the weight of responsibility of the captains armband carries is simply ridiculous!!!

I imagine a name closer to a Scotsman's heart would be Finn Russell? Given his poor performance in Scotland's final 'Nations' game it can hardly come as too much of a surprise, personally I prefer Duncan Weir and have never been too much of a Russell fan. Like most of the world I've been waiting to see how he stands up to a high pressure defence and just like George Ford he came undone so I'm not in the least bit shocked at their lack of inclusion at 'out half'.

The squad is far to heavily accented to (Judy) 'Garlands' Wales squad & I really don't think he's picked anything like the strongest available players & from your point of view Jonny Gray being left out is simply mental.

These Lions are going to get TW4TTED by the All Blacks.
Rappelez tout mais ne pardonner rien!!