Chuck Berry

Post by Steve97 »

RIP
Fantastic guitarist, a proper rock n roll icon
VTR Phoenix

Re: Chuck Berry

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Just saw that on news
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
baycat

Post by baycat »

saw him perform at Wembley stadium many moons ago class act.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

my experience of him is not as good, years ago on holiday over 20 years, he was playing, when he finished he sat in a chair with his arms folded, now remember hes career is pretty much finished legend or not, his " fans " were walking up to meet him and to try and get his autograph, he totally blanked them, treated people with utter contempt.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Growing up with his music and unique style was magic for me.
He made a good age though at 90yrs old.

RIP Chuck Berry,

Chris.
xeris

Post by xeris »

StormingHonda wrote:my experience of him is not as good, years ago on holiday over 20 years, he was playing, when he finished he sat in a chair with his arms folded, now remember hes career is pretty much finished legend or not, his " fans " were walking up to meet him and to try and get his autograph, he totally blanked them, treated people with utter contempt.
Easy to find fault? How would you have behaved born into brutal racism?
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

xeris wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:my experience of him is not as good, years ago on holiday over 20 years, he was playing, when he finished he sat in a chair with his arms folded, now remember hes career is pretty much finished legend or not, his " fans " were walking up to meet him and to try and get his autograph, he totally blanked them, treated people with utter contempt.
With a lot more humility and appreciation for the people who put me where I had been, the people who paid money for my records, for people who paid money to come and see me play, for people who had adoration for what I done. ( if I was a rock star ).
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Great inspiration.He was the man that got me to pick up a guitar in the 60's and learn to play.I still play for a minimum of 1hour a day now.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
xeris

Post by xeris »

StormingHonda wrote:
xeris wrote:
With a lot more humility and appreciation for the people who put me where I had been, the people who paid money for my records, for people who paid money to come and see me play, for people who had adoration for what I done. ( if I was a rock star ).
Very admirable of you. Easy for you to judge someone whose shoes you've not walked in.
"People who put me where I had been" pretty much says it all.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

xeris wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:
xeris wrote: Easy to find fault? How would you have behaved born into brutal racism?
Very admirable of you. Easy for you to judge someone whose shoes you've not walked in.
So your telling me its okay to treat people like dirt when you have had a bad deal in life? A smile, hand shake and a stroke of a pen for people that admire your work costs nothing.
xeris

Post by xeris »

StormingHonda wrote:
xeris wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:
So your telling me its okay to treat people like dirt when you have had a bad deal in life? A smile, hand shake and a stroke of a pen for people that admire your work costs nothing.
If that is how you preceive my post it just shows a profound lack of understanding and compassion on your part.
I'll let you have the last comment. I have had my fill.
~ Mark Twain
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Anglo-American relations at an all time low, discuss......... :Beer Popcorn:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

xeris wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:
xeris wrote: Very admirable of you. Easy for you to judge someone whose shoes you've not walked in.
If that is how you preceive my post it just shows a profound lack of understanding and compassion on your part.
I'll let you have the last comment. I have had my fill.
No, I get it, he grew up in a time where racism was common place and even accepted in society, I have been on the wrong side of racism, so yeah I do get it, but come on man these people who bought hes records, went to see him on concert and just wanted to tell him how much they loved the music he played, and his response was to treat them with utter contempt, surely all those white people eager to meet him weren't white sheet wearing KKK members were they?.

The statement wasn't made based on race, regardless of him being black ( even if he was white ) I still would have viewed him in the same light and that was a cocky, arrogant man with no respect.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Anglo-American relations at an all time low, discuss......... :Beer Popcorn:
Well from what I can see it's the Brits that are causing the the bad vibes Mannnnn.

We all need to chill out a bit...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
baycat

Post by baycat »

alanfjones1411 wrote:Great inspiration.He was the man that got me to pick up a guitar in the 60's and learn to play.I still play for a minimum of 1hour a day now.
well you never told me that Alan I will be round tonight with me air guitar to do some head banging