Micron slip-ons, jetting?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
mik_str

Micron slip-ons, jetting?

Post by mik_str »

Hello everyone,

I just received the oval low-mount Micron slip-ons that I purchased on eBay. They are in mint shape and I can't wait to install them on my 99 Storm. I will get the cans themselves powdercoated black prior to installing them for a different look (should go well with the bike's midnight blue colour). As I will be using the stock air filter (based on advice from a knowledgeable speed shop; mostly looking for a boost in the mid-range and was told that K&N would not offer any real benefits in this range) and have a Dynojet kit on order, I was wondering if any of you could provide info as to jetting specs for this set-up. I could get it set-up on the dyno but would like to try it without this expense if possible. Incidentally, I am in Montreal, Canada which is located roughly at sea level. One last thing, anyone have an idea what kind of gains I can expect (low-end, mids, top)? Cheers and keep the rubber side down :)