New CHIPs Movie

General Biker Banter
podman

New CHIPs Movie

Post by podman »

I guess if your a certain age, this could be a "must see"..

Ill be going to watch it for sure!
MacV2

Re: New CHIPs Movie

Post by MacV2 »

Hahaha I won't...Thought it was crap back then & will probably be shite second time round... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Not for me.Utter crap.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Looks hilarious! :D
Just my kind of schoolboy humour. Probably wont bother going to the pictures to see it though. :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Well, I watched the movie youtube clip.

:Beer Popcorn:

First impressions: Nothing at all like the TV seris back in the 80s. :(

This film is nothing but a rip off from all other buddy-buddy farce cop films. :evil:

Mel Gibson and Danny Glover spang to mind. Then, Dumb and Dumber entered my head (though that's not a cop movie). Then Eddie Murphy tones of Beverley Hills Cop....a bit of Police Academy (relating to the innuendos / is that a gun in yer pocket big boy'' type of stuff), and general schoolboy stuff that should have stayed back in the vaults of the 1980s.

Just the ''seen it all before'' situation: ....guns going off everywhere....car chases....motorbike stunts (seen in The Transporter fims), explosions to cover the sh1t plot (seen in all american chase/action films)....hopless pairing that are screwball-oddballs and will they/won't they get their man despite being incompetant?

To me, this is a waste of money, and they ought to be ashamed of themselves for even thinking about producing this. :think:

I watched the original series, and although it had some funny moments, this film is no way similar to the series, apart from sharing the same Jon and Ponch names.

The politically correct world struck again...as seen by replacing the Desk Sergeant (played by Robert Pine) with a big black brute who barks and shouts a lot (like all black cop chiefs seem to do in these movies)

I'm surprised they didn't drag up Samuel L Jackson to play the role. They (the American Film Industry) really have scraped the bottom of the barrel withy this.

The only good thing about it, is the BMW R1200RTs they use. Lovely bike. :thumbup:

But then, so was the Z1000P Kawasaki they used in the original ChiPS series (as supplied to the Highway Patrol back then).

I see them on ebay occasionally, and would still kinda like one (the Z1000P).

Although I wouldn't wear the uniform.....I don't wanna look like something out of a YMCA video!

Ok. Rant and film industry pulled apart. As you were. No further questions yer Honour.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
TheGingerBeardMan

So....do I send in my application to replace Barry Norman on Film 2017 then???

Conclusion: Save yer money....download it free from the Bay....watch it....regret that you watched it....leave 1 star.

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:download it free from the Bay
Speaking of the Bay.
How about the new Baywatch movie. Now you must be impressed with that Barry.. I mean GBM
:wink:

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
TheGingerBeardMan

Pete.L wrote:How about the new Baywatch movie. Now you must be impressed with that Barry.. I mean GBM
Well....I have just watched the trailer for the BayWatch Movie.

And guess what it contains....for a subject originally set as lifeguards...

Guns shooting everywhere.....explosions....2 ''buddy-buddy'' chaps....and yup....the head boss / police chief is another sterotypical black guy, who barks and shouts at them with the usual: '' I DON'T CARE WHAT IT TAKES....YOU GET THE JOB DONE YA-HEAR?!!'

SHEESH!

Ok, they've taken the bouncing boobs from the original TV series, but that is just used to fill in space in the film (in between the explosions and buddy-buddy fighting)

It'll no doubt appeal to young brain dead Americans who never grew up with this type of same-old same-old film. But to me, it's another case of ''seen it before...not original...and...a waste of time, money and effort to go see it''.

1 star. (and it's lucky to get even that. I mean...they didn't even get David Hasselhoff for a cameo).

These American filmakers have no good ideas anymore for film-making. It's ALL been done, and so, they start ripping off classics and adding that good old poetic licence they so frequently use. Ok, Baywatch was never a movie classic. But British classics from the 1950s get remade, with newly added guns, boom booms, tits, and American accents...with the tag ''the following film is loosely based on actual events....''

Yeah. Emphasis on the word loose.

They are so loose, they'd do a bout of diarrhoa proud.

''So....there you have it....''

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Nice carddie Dave, shame the BBC made you shave, less scary for the kids I spose... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TheGingerBeardMan

MacV2 wrote:Nice carddie Dave, shame the BBC made you shave, less scary for the kids I spose... :wink:
LOL: :lol: I think it was a bit more than a yellow cardigan that was a danger to the kiddies back in the 1980s!

Barry Norman: one of the very few BBC employees from that era to not be under suspicion. Although it is criminal to wear such a garment.

mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I'll wait for the sequel "Fish and Chips"..... :biggrin
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
vardypeeps

Post by vardypeeps »

Going to wait for others to see it first then decide if I want to shell out for the tickets. Looked funny in the trailer and never watched the original series.
geeman22

Post by geeman22 »

It's gonna be another comedy rip off of an 80s TV Show.
Now if they made an Airwolf film I'm up for that