Project Blue MK2

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Kev L

Re: Third time the charm?

Post by Kev L »

Rob, I have some Moriwaki tyre inflation air, some ultra rare Yoshimura seat lubrication and Revolution racing yoke tighteners I can let you have for a very reasonable price, shall we say £25,000!!!!!!
Too soon??????? :wink:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Rob, I have some Moriwaki tyre inflation air, some ultra rare Yoshimura seat lubrication and Revolution racing yoke tighteners I can let you have for a very reasonable price, shall we say £25,000!!!!!!
Bastid... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Ayyy, find an acceptable level then limbo underneath it! :lol:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Kev L wrote:Rob, I have some Moriwaki tyre inflation air, some ultra rare Yoshimura seat lubrication and Revolution racing yoke tighteners I can let you have for a very reasonable price, shall we say £25,000!!!!!!
end of a bell

Salt in my wounds :lol:

Very good mate. Not too soon at all. Having posted the story so everyone knows about it, I feel better about it! All good and very funny.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Lesson learnt mate. The thing is I would still trust people on here as there are so many good, kind folk. I think that's what makes it so shocking when you get bitten in the butt and makes the feeling of betrayal so much greater.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Kev L wrote:Lesson learnt mate. The thing is I would still trust people on here as there are so many good, kind folk. I think that's what makes it so shocking when you get bitten in the butt and makes the feeling of betrayal so much greater.
Absolutely Kev. And there are people here I trust. I've met several in person and dealt with others from a distance. It's a great group with a fantastic ethos. One man wouldn't change my thoughts on that.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Nice one Rob. glad to see your back on two proper wheels. just take it handy, i hear those yellow ones are wild fast :beer: :beer: :beer:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
kenmoore

Re: Third time the charm?z

Post by kenmoore »

Ginger,

For what it's worth I have had an oil temp gauge in the case for about 4 years.

Here in Oz it gets very hot and it's peace of mind for me.

They work a treat !
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
TheGingerBeardMan

Re: Third time the charm?z

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

kenmoore wrote:I have had an oil temp gauge in the case for about 4 years...they work a treat !
Thanks for the feedback on the temp gauge - I've never found anyone here that has one to get an opinion - maybe most see them as an unnecessary bit of kit and that's why they're quite a rare thing to spot on a bike? It doesn't even get warm enough, (for long enough), to justify buying loads of short sleeved shirts, so one things fer sure - excessive heat is not a problem here. But, I've been curious for the gauge that fits in the case, and have in the past said ''will I? - won't I?''

If I spot one on sale, or going cheap on Gumtree then I will probably go for it. It's all about the cheapness now, and with not a lot of money to throw about thesedays, I'm turning into the clichéd Scotsman: tighter than a Platypuses elbow flap!

Thanks again! :thumbup: and now.....back to StormyRobs original posts..... Thread hijack finished! :oops:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

No problem ginger haha.

Just made my first two purchases for the storm.

Firstly and most importantly cam chain tensioners.

Secondly I purchased a six spoke 1996 blade 17 rear :) 45 quid so quite happy with that.

Working out a deal on a vfr 400 front 17. Should know for sure about the latter shortly.... Wallet draining yet again.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi rob
firstly grab a hair dryer and remove all those ghastly decals, then you'll be able to see what your dealing with.
as for the infil panels, if the bike hasn't got them, i have a black pair that you can have for postage mate. looking at the small oem bellypan, it looks to be a different colour yellow, if the paint is good on it, i'd wouldn't mind buying iy off you dude, as everyone knows, i love to have a bike with many different shades of yellow :lol: :lol: :lol:
although i'm serious about the bellypan, i could swap you my oem black one plus the two ifill panels if you need them bud.
if you are going to get it resprayed, then it really doesn't matter if it's been down the road, tbh most 15yr old bikes have been at some point.
i look forward to seeing what you do with it mate.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Thanks marty!

I can see us coming to an agreement re the belly pan as I'm keeping an eye out for an aftermarket one. Decals will be off soon enough...but chances are I am not respraying until end of February. MOT is up in April so will likely MOT early.

Managed to sort a front wheel!

Paid 45 for the front and 80 for the rear so I think I did OK.

Insurance also sorted 140 the year. Not bad considering I had an accident at work in 2014 and we always get blamed! Haha

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that's dam cheap for a six spoke front wheel, i'm in no rush mate, i'll give you a shout when i'm back in the uk during feb mate. keep us all updated on your progress buddy... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

I thought so too. It's actually very clean too. One minor paint blemish.

I'll definitely keep it updated...but done expect anything too special this time around!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Have you seen the pyramid (I think, same as my one) belly pan on E Bay from a breakers in, I think, Great Bentley, Essex. £35 with the brackets. Needs a bit of work but a good price if you like the style. :thumbup:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361877065504

HONDA VTR1000F VTR1000 VTR 1000 F FIRESTORM BELLY PAN FAIRING
Last edited by Kev L on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.