Post by macdee »

so what bike did you let go and would love to have back

for me its my first and second bike

KAWASAKI KT 250 and second my TY 175
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Mav617

Re: what bike did you have and let go but would like back

Post by Mav617 »

My last LC, a blue/white Jap import on a Q plate (RZ250) It was mint and I sold it for buttons when they were worth nowt. Or my TZR250, another import that I made really nice and my mate smashed it and I sold it rather than build it all over again, make a nice project now.

Or my Z200, be great for pootling into town on now and only used a sniff of go-juice.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
podman

Post by podman »

My NS400, some amazing memories generated on this bike, I lived on it and thrashed it everywhere, did everything from the weekend blasts to the weekday commute..It is still on the road apparently, ive tried to find it through some forums but no luck so far..one day..

Me on it at the TT.

[url]Image

..and meeting Randy Mamola

[url]Image

:clap:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

My BSA Lightening bought brand new in the early 60's.I sold it after two years and bought a Bonneville.Wish I still had them but couldn't afford to keep them at the time.Happy days.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

My first Triton 750, and my Honda 400/four.

Great pic's Podman 8)

Chris.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

sirch345 wrote: Great pic's Podman 8)
:thumbup:

I loved my MTX200 - best bike for getting around London and went all over the country on it, loaded up and in all weathers. It never let me down. Loved my Ducati 907ie, but that did let me down, so it has to be the MTX
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

mmm always regret selling my MK4 guzzi lemans. loved that old tub and had many miles on it, i seen it a few years back and chased the guy down the road in the car to see if he would sell it back but he escaped in traffic..

and the one im kicking myself over. a reverse cylinder yamasaki hybrid race bike, the bike queens uni done development work on and helped yamaha bring out the reverse 250cc bikes....what a knob letting that go to get married, (wife since long sacked) :Argue 1:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

The 350lc that I traded for the GSthouS that got stolen when I went down to live in Brum.

I wish I had both of them :?

Then the KDX200 Greenlane bike, that was better than everything else I tried to replace it with.

And perhaps my MZ race bike, that would have made a good street racer now, nobody would know what the feck it was as it went last at the ton :wave:
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

My XR600. Virtually gave it away to a mate of a mate who a couple of years later sold it on ebay without telling me!

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

ZXR 750 R K1.
sold it to tracktorboys mate who rode it home and has it in his garage. sat there ever since.
Probably cause when I got it it was goosed and spent ages getting it back on the road.

Crazy top end.
could have done with me being 4" shorter so I could have fitted on it.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I'm lot younger than you guys and to be honest I am making my memories on the Firestorm at the meets we have.

I passed my test when I was 25, rode for a few years had to sell to buy a car, never got back in the saddle until a year before buying the `storm and she is still with me.
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Either the white Suzuki X7 (swapped it from a lad at work for my CX500) or the GT500 Suzuki twin (sold it for £50.... 8O ) Prices for both are now going through the roof. :(
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

It's a hard call for me to think about what bike I miss or would like back. There's been so many bikes come through my hands over the past *coughs years, I can honestly say there hasn't been a dead-on favourite. As long as they had 2 wheels, I was a happy bunny.

I'd like the FJ1200 back from the guy I sold it to - when I rode it out to him, it was later thrown in a steel shipping container with some of his other bikes - which were badly rusting away (his container is right by the sea). I actually felt sorry for the bike, and here is me who doesn't get sentimental over vehicles. It was just a shame it was never going to see the light of day again.

The Storm will be kept for the foreseeable future (even though I am LONG overdue for a change of bike). I NEED to sell it, as there's a few things I fancy riding before I kick the bucket. But, each time I say to the neighbour ''Gumtree it is.....'' or I ride out to a dealer for a px quote on something that catches my eye, I keep coming back home on the VTR.

It's not that I can't part with it, I can....it's just that I don't want to. Yeah, I know, I can't get something else until I sell the VTR, but....well....you all know what riding the Storm is like. Highly entertaining and highly addictive. Look at Mac - he's got 4 of the buggers.

Will I miss it if I do part with it? Possibly, yes - there's a good chance. Would it make me return to them later down the line? - again, there's a VERY strong possibility. The Storm has been good to me, and I have returned the ''compliment'' and been good to it. So, yes dammit! - I think once all is said and done, I will be there in my Nursing Home chair, drooling at the mouth and dribbling from the elbow, happily reminiscing about this particular bike.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Laverda 1974 SF 750 Big, loud and orange. They actually weigh more than the triples. Sold it to buy another toy but that's all history :) The storm does remind me of the Laverda but in YELLOW the bestest and fastest colour :D
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

my RD500 it sounded awesome and was so different.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!