Bye Bye 2016!

General Bike chat
Mav617

Bye Bye 2016!

Post by Mav617 »

So, took the VTR for it's last blast of 2016 today. For a fair-weather rider like me to still be out and about in December just shows this Global Warming we've been promised is under way. Rode into the garage with the petrol light on, so good timing there. Popped her up on the Abba stand (same fittings as the TRX850, bonus), put the front paddock stand under the forks, a quick wipe-down and then rags up the exhaust cans and snuggled her up under an old cotton sheet.

She'll be back out in 2017, barring incidents and accidents.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Wicky

Re: Bye Bye 2016!

Post by Wicky »

Best top up the tank with petrol to stop any chance of water condensation triggering rust...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

and drain the carbs to stop gummy deposits....
podman

Post by podman »

Wicky wrote:Best top up the tank with petrol to stop any chance of water condensation triggering rust...
There's so much water present in modern ethanol petrol, which then separates from the fuel and sits at the bottom of the tank, corroding it from the inside , that the best thing to do nowadays is drain it completely and then add some oil into the tank, swirl it around to coat the insides, then fill her up when you want to run it next year.

Roll on Spring 2017 anyway!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Then top up with standard SP95 or SP98 octane unleaded fuel, avoiding unleaded petrol 95 E10 or E5 indicated at the pump.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Wicky wrote:Then top up with standard SP95 or SP98 octane unleaded fuel, avoiding unleaded petrol 95 E10 or E5 indicated at the pump.
Will do, cheers Wicky!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!