Suspension and mileage

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Hush

Suspension and mileage

Post by Hush »

Hi, first proper ride on the firestorm, absolutely loved it. Managed about 360 miles this weekend, maybe i should have given a higher annual mileage to the insurers!

Anyway, i'm doing a brands two day track course in May and was thinking about improving the suspension settings before then. Its a 2000 bike, I read that the PB settings are good?? Tempting to go straight to a chap known only as Roger (anyone got his contact info?) but suspect he'll be a tied up at the moment plus having just bought the bike, redies are tight!

Also i seem to be only getting 80 miles to a tank (full to red light) isn't that a bit on the low side?

All comments very much appreciated!

Nick

PS info.. got race cans, not sure if its been jetted, i would think not. My weight is 75kg 11.5 ish
Max

Post by Max »

Roger can be found at http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk/

If you email him or phone he is very helpfull. I'm presently trying to arrange for him to redo my forks and supply a penske for the back. the back shock is made by him/penske and takes a couple of weeks to get ready, but speak to him anyways.

I have a 2000 registered FX (small tank) and before I changed the exhausts I got about 80 to the light. The best I did was 63 and the most was about 85. With new exhausts (ART road legal's)I get over 90 sometimes.
http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/gallery/1127.jpg
Hush

Post by Hush »

Many thanks. I think to have the suspension properly done the best route is goign to be speaking to Roger, I'll get in touch with him. In the meantime i'll try and set the settings to the PB recommendations, unless someone has a better idea? Can't read a word of the PB article in the gallery (even downloading the picture). Must be blind!

Thanks