Whats the only thing better than Biking?

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Whats the only thing better than Biking?

Post by bigtwinthing »

this for me.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
grumpyfrog

Re: Whats the only thing better than Biking?

Post by grumpyfrog »

Laughed at the snow plough at 3:05, looks fabulous, unfortunately my knees are too knackered for me to do that anymore, miss it loads.
Might get back into it in a few years when the bays are a bit older.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Motorbikes still better but I love a ski holiday with the lads

http://youtu.be/7iyusfn1sZM
AMcQ
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

To me music, drinking and shagging are the best things in life.

But when I ride it tops the lot, very close but......
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

I can't say better... it was a different type of rush but back in the day... what a way to unwind or better yet get rid of all the pent up aggression :biggrin

Stephan

Post by Stephan »

not for me, even though I used to be good skier, last 10 years I was on ski holiday only 2 times - I will start again when my daughter grow up a little. But I cannot imagine single season without bike.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wow that was a busy slope and if it was me it would spoil it having all those other species on ski's. Can't you find somewhere a bit more remote, especially with the costs involved with that hobby. So what sort of speeds do you reach on your ski's. That first bit looked pretty fast and you where soon catching up with the others. At this rate there will be more humans on this planet than rats. :roll: As for what's better than biking....anything that involves escaping the crowds. :roll: There are very few places of true nature left to escape too on this planet and if I had the chance I would give up biking and either go live as a mountain man in some remote region of the world or become a pirate, traveller/explorer on the high sea's.

I quite fancy one of these.

[youtube][/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSUtc8Cgxd8

http://www.jetcapsule.com/UFO/UFO.html
==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

That run Carl which was a long flowing Blue was 86kph, my fastest on a speed run was 98pkh almost 60mph. that seemed bloody fast but was just going straight, normally on a fast Blue/red were doing 86kph i would say, the Sat nav and the phone say this too, plus I've checked it with the speed run things, my Daughter however often exceeds 110kph very often, she has skied since she was 6 mind. The real speed freaks are amazing, in Obergurgyl they complete night asking, we did just 1 run at 1900 and they piste it and then lightely water it and its about -15 by then and its like sheet bloody glass, thats super quick and as hard as concrete. Skiing to me is about the lean etc not just the speed. My style is probably pants but i can get my elbow down and still keep skiing, i can't do that on the bike. :lol: It is the only thing i like better that biking but only 2 weeks a year normally. where as I've done 4000 miles already on the CBF since May.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

im afraid biking tops it for me. been doing it since i was 7 years old and its all i know.. its hurt me, its even near killed me and iv lost friends because of it but still wouldnt change one single min of all those years. its also brought me frindships that will last my lifetime. :thumbup:

mind you as iv got older iv realised your health and your families health is the one thing thats outa your hands and should be enjoyed. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote:im afraid biking tops it for me. been doing it since i was 7 years old and its all i know.. its hurt me, its even near killed me and iv lost friends because of it but still wouldnt change one single min of all those years. its also brought me frindships that will last my lifetime. :thumbup:

mind you as iv got older iv realised your health and your families health is the one thing thats outa your hands and should be enjoyed. :thumbup:
Wise words from wee Willie Carson :thumbup:
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Wise words from wee Willie Carson :thumbup:[/quote]

not something i do very often lol... but after a stessfull weekend alls good in the hood ,as the saying goes :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

AMCQ46 wrote:
fabiostar wrote:im afraid biking tops it for me. been doing it since i was 7 years old and its all i know.. its hurt me, its even near killed me and iv lost friends because of it but still wouldnt change one single min of all those years. its also brought me frindships that will last my lifetime. :thumbup:

you don't need to tell me that after the crappy few years I've had. :thumbup: making the most of every day, enjoying the 'family time" etc.
xeris

Post by xeris »

A little late to the thread, but..
Flying hangliders. Had I not moved away from Hawaii, I'd still be flying.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

AMCQ46 wrote:

*1 Fab. I enjoy a good shot out of the compound bow too.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Here you go, this gives you an idea... (not me, I have no vids of my riding; but this style is what I like best):

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express