Carb Removal Help!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Alex.

Re: Carb Removal Help!

Post by Alex. »

Well I had 20 mins available last night, a rare occurrence! So off to the garage.
A quick jemmy with a knuckle bar and a couple of pieces of wood and off come the carbs. :D

The Haynes book of lies says to use a pencil to help compress the spring into the carb top, then hold with your finger and put the cap on. That actually worked first time and both the spring and diaphragm were seated just right. Besides, I've not ridden the bike since I checked that diaphragm.

Now I just need the time to strip, clean and check the carbs.

Alex.
Alex.

Post by Alex. »

Carbs stripped, cleaned and put back on. Inserting into the rubbers was easier than I had feared, but then I did smear them with a thin film of red rubber grease before hand!

Unfortunately it does not seem to have solved the issue, as even just reving up at a standstill, she does not like going north of 7k.
Methinks another thread may be in order to capture the forums vast knowledge, with a more indicative thread title...

Alex.
macdee

Post by macdee »

A very similar thing happened on here and it was found out that the timing was 180 degree's out
You can use the mcct thread of carls to help check its in the workshop section
told you not to but oh no you knew better