Soooo NOT happy!!

General Bike chat
VTRid3r

Re: Soooo NOT happy!!

Post by VTRid3r »

Thanks for the advice and comments. A new gel battery is 1st on the list. Think I'm going for the Yuasa. This one is a cheap one. Chinese or not I don't know. It's an Exide. I only paid £46 for it but it was all I could afford at the time. Bad mistake. Should of waited. Lesson learnt.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Looking back I think I paid £49.50 inc p&p for a MotoBatt QuadFlex MBTX12U not long ago

edit they're a tad cheaper now on eBay £48.95
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

Wicky wrote:Looking back I think I paid £49.50 inc p&p for a MotoBatt QuadFlex MBTX12U not long ago

edit they're a tad cheaper now on eBay £48.95
Funnily enough I was just looking at this. a good price too at £65 for a 14ah.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Check the dimensions as it might be a bit taller than OEM - it was still squeeze in if you remove the battery box lid
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

darkember

Post by darkember »

Seriously before you blame the battery and fry another one. The so called finned R/R you fitted was not a cheap Chinese one off the bay. If so that could still be your root cause when it heats up.
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

Got the 14ah in now and yes I removed the battery cover top. Does fit. Rectifier was cheaper than the oem but its doing its job and keeping the battery at the right voltage and the battery isn't getting hot. No Leaks from the battery since so Maybe it was slightly over filled? Not sure but at the moment she is running and all is good. New gel is defo on the list tho and keep this as a spare. Got someone to fit the new cct's when I get some too. He had a storm and done his himself. Just gta look at prices and which ones to get. A few links maybe handy to give me an idea. I'm watching one at the mo but its £30 so not sure on quality.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Maybe it was slightly over filled?
Did the garage fill and install the battery using the acid pack?

Manual CCTs > Kreiger, APE, Bazza and Ade Whitmarsh's CCT's > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 0&start=15

VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

i Wicky no I filled the battery with the pack.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Bummer.
I think you may have just got a bad one. Exide are a huge company, they have been going for donkey's years. It does look like the terminal is bent so I can see why the supplier is being difficult, whether twisted from over tightening or dropped in transit will always be open for debate.
If it was mine I think I would try running the tip of a soldering iron along the crack (being very careful of the fumes) and making a plastic weld. I'd probably then cover it in a bit of epoxy resin just to make make sure.
It'll make a good spare if you can get a decent seal, if not, bin it down the recycling centre. You don't want acid and fumes building up and causing problems.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

Update. YAY!! I've won the case through Paypal and The suppliers have to refund me. Now, the dilemma. Paypal have asked me to send the battery back which I don't mind but the couriers I have looked at will not take them. Does anyone know which couriers or if Royal Mail Accept batteries? Paypal have requested a tracking number to proceed with the refund. Thanks.
VTRid3r

Re: Soooo happy!!

Post by VTRid3r »

No fear, Spoke to a nice man at paypal. As the battery was faulty I don't have to return it. Case won so I'm now happy. :D :beer: time to celebrate.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That is good news :D

Chris.
VTRid3r

Post by VTRid3r »

sirch345 wrote:That is good news :D

Chris.
Thanks Chris :)
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Soooo happy!!

Post by Pete.L »

VTRid3r wrote:No fear, Spoke to a nice man at paypal. As the battery was faulty I don't have to return it. Case won so I'm now happy. :D :beer: time to celebrate.
Sweet! :D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Bearair

Post by Bearair »

Hope you got it all sorted now, Tuesday looking good for bike night at Hayle :D