Smitten again....

General Bike chat
Pem Brooke

Smitten again....

Post by Pem Brooke »

Been a while since I was out on the 'Storm...sad to admit I'm a fair weather rider and living 'Up North' meant the first decent riding day (for a softy like me) was this week! Quick 80 miles or so through Morpeth, Widdrington and back down the coast to Whitley Bay. I forgot just how much fun can be had on the 'Storm...plenty enough grunt and a lot of bike for little money. Smitten once again... 8) :thumbup:

Twist it 'til it breaks, then back off half a turn.... :eh:
Mav617

Re: Smitten again....

Post by Mav617 »

Looking good buddy :thumbup:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Yes looks lurvely there I see a few shapes in the cold North Sea are they
Surfers swimmers or large eider ducks a few vessels are evident its a cold clean
Coastline there buddy..had a great holiday in Sea houses not too far away one time :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

its great when you havnt been out in ages and you get your first blast :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Looks like the road to St Mary's lighthouse (but could be lots of places). Canada famously used photos of the NE coast on their tourist promotion literature.

Me? I've been ragging up and down the A68 on the Storm, finding a few tank-slapper bumpy bits and getting my first bollock crusher. Today it was the Stamfordham road on the KTM trying to get a bit of edge wear on the back knobbly.

No snow! I'm so happy!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Exactly how I feel when I take the Storm out for a blast. And the soundtrack........ :D
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Lets have you on Op Storm then buddy, get your name down

You get even more enjoyment with a group ride

And we are only a few miles away
Pem Brooke

Post by Pem Brooke »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Looks like the road to St Mary's lighthouse (but could be lots of places). Canada famously used photos of the NE coast on their tourist promotion literature.

Me? I've been ragging up and down the A68 on the Storm, finding a few tank-slapper bumpy bits and getting my first bollock crusher. Today it was the Stamfordham road on the KTM trying to get a bit of edge wear on the back knobbly.

No snow! I'm so happy!
The pic is just south of Druridge Bay on the way to Cresswell.... I take my Deerhound down to St Mary's Lighthouse most mornings (seal watching), and yep...the road does look similar! Wow, didn't know about Canada!! Little buggers! :lol:

Pem Brooke

Post by Pem Brooke »

Saintsman27 wrote:Yes looks lurvely there I see a few shapes in the cold North Sea are they
Surfers swimmers or large eider ducks a few vessels are evident its a cold clean
Coastline there buddy..had a great holiday in Sea houses not too far away one time :thumbup:
A couple of small boats out there, if I remember rightly. There was a guy fishing off the beach too...
We do get the Eider duck, and lots of seals, plus occasionally dolphins. And very little traffic during the week makes for great riding...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I used to spend my Holidays up there every year.
Can't count the number of time me and my grandad caught crabs out on the rocks :P

Lovely part of the country :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote:I used to spend my Holidays up there every year.
Can't count the number of time me and my grandad caught crabs out on the rocks :P

Lovely part of the country :thumbup:

Pete.l
You can get a cream for that... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Pem Brooke wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote:Looks like the road to St Mary's lighthouse (but could be lots of places). Canada famously used photos of the NE coast on their tourist promotion literature.

No snow! I'm so happy!
The pic is just south of Druridge Bay on the way to Cresswell.... I take my Deerhound down to St Mary's Lighthouse most mornings (seal watching), and yep...the road does look similar! Wow, didn't know about Canada!! Little buggers! :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8016246.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... urism.html

Beautiful dog by the way!

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Pem Brooke

Post by Pem Brooke »

Beautiful dog by the way!

Image[/quote]

Thanks...is the pic of your guys at Blyth beach?
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Can't remember now. It may be just north of Seahouses. That looks like the harbour in the background.
Pem Brooke

Post by Pem Brooke »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Can't remember now. It may be just north of Seahouses. That looks like the harbour in the background.
Ahhh.. a fair way up the coast then...near Bamburgh Castle? ..that's just over an hour north for us. Lovely area.