fraudulent motor oil!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Theodio

fraudulent motor oil!

Post by Theodio »

Good Day everybody!

Im expressing my concern about the quality of motor oil that is being sold in Europe. Well, in Greece there is a (?myth?) about workshops- dealers that sell deliberately fraudulent motor oil. Im using M---ul 5100 10w40 in my moped (130cc engine) and used to in my previous VTRf all the time and I was told that this particular oil is often not genuine (the content). I was explained in more detail that some stock local shops sell some lower grade (quality) of oil instead of the genuine, recycled, made in China or whatever. I was even warned Suzuki dealer not to use oil bought from those shops in my Hayabusa because it'll wear my engine quicker than expected.

Well my logic sense says "What a load of Cra7!!" These guys spread rumors for people to believe and not to buy fro those shops. But I bear a tiny doubt in my mind. Apparently these guys sell cheaper (hence they sell fraudulent motor oil!)

What are your thoughts regarding this topic? Is it safe to buy , what to look for?

Cheers! :beer:
Wicky

Re: fraudulent motor oil!

Post by Wicky »

Check its not ISIS oil smuggled / sold through Mediteranean intermedieries and Syria, Turkey, Iran etc.

http://ig.ft.com/sites/2015/isis-oil/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: fraudulent motor oil!

Post by sirch345 »

Having put your topic title into a search engine, I see this sort of thing has been going on since 1927 8O :biggrin

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid= ... 1179&hl=en

Chris.