Public enemy no 1

General Bike chat
Kev L

Public enemy no 1

Post by Kev L »

Historically the motorcycles mortal enemy has always been typified as the devil in beige who drives a Volvo (or OVLOV as Bike used to call it to avoid legal attention!).
Do you reckon Volvo drivers still deserve the title or has Beelzebub chosen a new chariot to wage war on the good folk on 2 wheels?
White van man? Audi drivers?

What do you think chaps? My money's on BTT being first up in defence of Audi's as he seems to own most of those registered on the UKs roads! Lloydie close behind (not for the first time!) defending wvm!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Seeker 77

Re: Public enemy no 1

Post by Seeker 77 »

There's a new threat out there, perhaps most closely associated with the Streets of London, and that is the Smart car driver. They seem to target bikers based on the fact that they are in a small vehicle and are therefore not subject to road traffic laws. Their supporting act is the beige Fiat 500, driven by people who think it's kitsch to drive a car the same colour as a hearing aid (I'm right aren't I Kev? They are that colour I'm sure).

Rant over
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

BMW Drivers...I think BMW stands for...Indicators Who Needs Them... :whatever

Having said that I was lucky enough to be right behind a Police car on me way home last night...He suddenly slowed down no braking, indicated left for a brief moment then made his mind up braked, indicated right & turned right...Fek knows what he was up to but it wasn't taking other road users into consideration. Fortunatly I was paying attention for a change... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I am detecting a certain amount of ageism from certain parties recently, if this continues I will be forced to exact an almighty and righteous retribution against the instigators of such, and give them a right nasty chinese burn or deadleg! Git. :lol:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
stuffedit

Post by stuffedit »

In my part of the world, white Range Rovers top the list of people regularly trying to reduce my life expectancy.
My bike wants a new home
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Kev L wrote:I am detecting a certain amount of ageism from certain parties recently, if this continues I will be forced to exact an almighty and righteous retribution against the instigators of such, and give them a right nasty chinese burn or deadleg! Git. :lol:
:wtf: :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I went to see Ed Byrne recently, funny as feck as always, and he was talking about driving quality. He asked who in the audience drove an Audi and a few of the audience cheered. His comment was " well that's ironic, because by doing that you've given an indication, so why the f*ck can't you do it in your car?"
Made oi larf
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

stuffedit wrote:In my part of the world, white Range Rovers top the list of people regularly trying to reduce my life expectancy.
In your part of the world range rovers end up in Epping with additional ventilation, along with their occupants! (Best Ray Winston - "you slag, I'll gut you like a fish, you slag", and scene.)
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

The young fella's in their hot hatches with loud pipes and body kits.White vans and BMW drivers and all of them that resent you filtering.Saying that though you have to keep on constant alert because it don't really matter what they are driving.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Young(ish) women (25 to 40) in large 4x4s. Some of them need a good dose of correction, quite a few of them look like they would enjoy that too!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Young(ish) women (25 to 40) in large 4x4s. Some of them need a good dose of correction, quite a few of them look like they would enjoy that too!
lmao you took the words right outa my mouth :thumbup:

add to that list little old ladies wearing hats in nissan micras. and any merc because as we all should know they own the road :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

haha,you could be right there kermit.most of them are married to the audi drivers already mentioned.i think public enamy depends on what type of roads your on.arogant audis on motorways etc,mummys in people carriers and 4x4 around town... :evil:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

audi/bmw drivers, then scooters driving standards keep getting lower and lower, could this be partly down to the amount of johnny foreigners on our roads, where's wicky to defend Hungarians..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Young women in fiat 500's using mobile phones :Argue 1:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote:BMW Drivers...I think BMW stands for...Indicators Who Needs Them... :whatever
From what I see down here in Cornwall, BMW drivers are not on their own when it comes to not using indicators, it can be any make car.

I've sort of got a bit used to this now, as it's been going on for so long. I'm more concerned about these so called drivers who keep looking down to text on their mobile phones as they're driving. To me they are an even bigger danger to other road users because they are taking their eyes off the road :evil:

Chris.