VTR Pheonix

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
VTR Phoenix

Re: VTR Pheonix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Gave the front callipers a lick of paint last night, one more tonight and Ill post pics of them, ready for the abuse to start lol :thumbdown: :thumbup:
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I have a conundrum regards the exhaust. I don't want the passenger pegs so am trying to source some exhaust hangers but not prepared to pay £65-£90 for them. I have also thought about high mount exhausts but again finding high mount link pipes is very hard.

Which would look/perform better and where could I source either cheaper hangers or high mount link pipes. I have standard Art cans with standard link pipes. Failing that I might go underseat as have both duel can headers and single can headers. So that's another question. Single or duel cans?
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Failing all the above Chric, do you want to get rid of your GPR's? I looked at the white ones but think the carbon would look better.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

VTR Phoenix wrote:I have a conundrum regards the exhaust. I don't want the passenger pegs so am trying to source some exhaust hangers but not prepared to pay £65-£90 for them. I have also thought about high mount exhausts but again finding high mount link pipes is very hard.

Which would look/perform better and where could I source either cheaper hangers or high mount link pipes. I have standard Art cans with standard link pipes. Failing that I might go underseat as have both duel can headers and single can headers. So that's another question. Single or duel cans?
Make em from 3-4mm aluminium sheet. Make cardboard custom templates, trace them & get cutting.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
popkat

Post by popkat »

Cut the brackets off that mount the link pipes to the front hanger, this allows you to raise the angle of the pipes, looks much better than high levels. Then make some rear hangers for them.

Lloydie done a nice job of it on Kermit, http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... &start=375

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Here an old pic of the first time I did it way back in 2011
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

And some others I did along the journey
ImageImageImageImageImage
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

And I have to do it all again on the pig :-@
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

[quote="lloydie"]And some others I did along the journey
Imagequote]

This is the height I am looking for. Those high mounts are a nightmare to find. What would it cost to get something like that fabricated?
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

lloydie wrote:ImageImageImage
Also loving this colour scheme. Might change my mind and mod this to tie in with what I've done already.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

VTR Phoenix wrote:
lloydie wrote:And some others I did along the journey
Imagequote]

This is the height I am looking for. Those high mounts are a nightmare to find. What would it cost to get something like that fabricated?
If you have really small feet then hi levels will be fine .
If your feet are over a size 2 you will burn your boots on them .
You can get pipes made from £80 and all shops will want the bike for the duration .
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:I have a conundrum regards the exhaust. I don't want the passenger pegs
I know I'm repeating myself for some :) but check with your mot guy, you may need to be able to refit your rear footrests for the mot,

Chris.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

sirch345 wrote:
VTR Phoenix wrote:I have a conundrum regards the exhaust. I don't want the passenger pegs
I know I'm repeating myself for some :) but check with your mot guy, you may need to be able to refit your rear footrests for the mot,

Chris.
Didn't think of that, think it only applies where there is the capacity to carry a pillion, for instance if I took it with a seat cowl on and no pillion seat they wouldn't fail it for no foot pegs?
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

lloydie wrote:
VTR Phoenix wrote:
lloydie wrote:And some others I did along the journey
Imagequote]

If you have really small feet then hi levels will be fine .
If your feet are over a size 2 you will burn your boots on them .
You can get pipes made from £80 and all shops will want the bike for the duration .
That's something else I didn't think of. I might see if I can twist the original link pipes to a more upright angle or even consider underseat depending on what needs to be changed.
popkat

Post by popkat »

MOT ok with no pillion pegs as long as it's single seat, for VTR just make sure the single seat cowl is fitted... If a bike is twin seat and no rear pegs then it fails..

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s