worped discs

General Bike chat
logan7

worped discs

Post by logan7 »

what do they feel like ? i have a jerky pull up when going slow, cluch in to a stop. hard to feel when brakeing hard at speed !
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Do you feel the brake lever pulsing when you notice the judder.
It could be just 1 disc.
Stratman

Warped disc

Post by Stratman »

Mine's been like that for ages (pulsing brake lever)

Became more noticeable after sintered pads and braided hoses. Can't be bothered to pay £340 for two new discs plus pads! I don't use the fronts much at slow speed anyway so it isn't too noticeable at speed
Druid

Re: Warped disc

Post by Druid »

logan7 wrote:what do they feel like ? i have a jerky pull up when going slow, cluch in to a stop. hard to feel when brakeing hard at speed !
Yep, warped brake disc. Lift the front wheel off the floor and spin it, you can often see which disc is warped by looking at the gap between disc and fork leg.
Stratman wrote:Mine's been like that for ages (pulsing brake lever)

Became more noticeable after sintered pads and braided hoses. Can't be bothered to pay £340 for two new discs plus pads! I don't use the fronts much at slow speed anyway so it isn't too noticeable at speed
Lots of examples on ebay for much less than £340. Honda used the same discs on loads of bikes, VTR, Fireblade, CBR6, VFR...
dodds

Post by dodds »

essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

alternativly, you buy brand new after market disc for a fraction of Mr Honda's prices.

Trouble with 2nd hand, is that you dont know what your'e buying....

(not good to be messing around when it comes to stoppers - imho)
eddievtr

Post by eddievtr »

Might be worth getting in touch with Busters as they had some discs going very cheap not long back - here's the link:
http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/pr ... d=249&pg=2
Ohlins shock, Goodridge lines, 6-pot calipers, carbon fibre hugger.....and all at someone else's expense!!
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I can recommend EBC Pro-Lite disks for the Storm. Make sure you allow the zinc coating to wear off before going for it though.

Al.
logan7

Post by logan7 »

just had my bike into the dealer about the discs. mec had a test ride yup they are worped. ok new discs under warranty. only had the bike 4weeks . just got home phone rings sorry discs not covered under warranty. :evil: how can you sell a bike with worped discs said i . mecs never said owt when it was checked out in the workshop she says, and they are good lads. bullshit i smell. fit them in good faith i say. they are going to get back to me. will keep you posted.
logan7

Post by logan7 »

its a 2000 x reg saleman made a big deal about the warrenty gives you peace of mind.
tony.wilde1

discs

Post by tony.wilde1 »

if the discs were that bad and it came with a years m o t then they passed it like that!!which is well dodgy...they should replace them because they wont want a call to the m o t will they :wink: good luck logan
logan7

Post by logan7 »

they are now saying 1 disc is bent i must have dropped the bike!
I have not dropped it and would go on a liedetector it say so. the brake lever is a bit bent it was like that from the start they are saying it was not like that when it left the workshop. its my word against them but they can come up with 3 or 4 mecs and 2 or 3 salesmen. :evil:
twintin

Post by twintin »

I'd like to see the sort of spill that can bend 1 disc but leave the rest of the bike unscathed ???? :roll:
its not rust it's character
memnoch

Post by memnoch »

Hi new at this but they can be damaged when the tier is changed it. Or it is lade on the floor
I can't spell so don't take the p*ss! Seriously!
As written by my partner.
logan7

Post by logan7 »

Bike came with a pair of new tyres fitted !