Virgin sky or bt

General Biker Banter
Stu9

Virgin sky or bt

Post by Stu9 »

I honestly think they're as bad as each other, blinding you with crap with their "fancy" deals....who's with who on here
countrymick

Re: Virgin sky or bt

Post by countrymick »

freeview and you tube :thumbup:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I am with bt and the only reason why is bt sport and their exclusivity to have moto gp
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
rmh

Post by rmh »

Just cancelled EVERYTHING with BT....

Added BT Sport for Free ( as I have fibre broadband) and when they bought champions league football they started charging - so I requested to cancel as I don't want to help pay the stupid price they bid for football.

Anyway months later still arguing as they are STILL charging me - so filed a complaint, requested a full refund of the charges and closed the account. - watch MOTOGP on ITV4 (Highlights on Monday_)

Rob
Rob Hunter

VTR1000 '99 / BMW S1000XR - 2016
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I am heading down the same thought process with bt... I moved to them as they have the bike racing and it was free if you used their broadband...

But not now. .... Grrrrr.

Why is moto gp not in the sport light package that you don't have to pay for, why bundle it with the feckin football (which I hate)
AMcQ
rmh

Post by rmh »

AMCQ46 wrote:Why is moto gp not in the sport light package that you don't have to pay for, why bundle it with the feckin football (which I hate)
Because they need ALL of us to pay for the football or it would be £100/month for thise that actually wanted it !

Why can they not see that paying these ridiculous fees for Sport is an unsustainable bubble that is about to burst - if you want all the football you now need SKY SPORT and BT SPORT yet SKY has not reduced any prices.

SKY will be the next to feel my cancelation vengeance as despite being a long tern customer they continue to punish by increasing the price and reducing the service - also why is HD still an EXTRA !!! REALLY :crazy: :wtf:

Rob
Rob Hunter

VTR1000 '99 / BMW S1000XR - 2016
breakerm

Post by breakerm »

if you have had problems with a company....

http://www.ceoemail.com/

lists the company ceo emails get in touch with them and it will soon get sorted.. done it a few times with different companys
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm with BT for my broadband. I also subscribe to watch Moto GP, that now cost £5 per month, but that's not in HD (it was free because I already had broadband with them). I don't have any BT TV package, just Freeview. To be able to view Moto GP I have to use my old Sky box.

While I don't have any complaints about BT in general, if I have had a problem in the past they have always sorted it out.
The only down side for me would be, struggling to understand what some of the operators at the call centre are saying in India, but I doubt BT are the only companies who have their call centres abroad.

Regarding Moto GP, I don't think it has done the sport any good by allowing BT only (although did I hear Virgin have some sort of a deal for Moto GP now :?: ) to have the viewing rights, for example Formula 1 can still be viewed without any extra charge on main stream TV in HD (if you have HD Freeview) like Moto GP used to be,

Chris.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Just cancelled everything: Sky, broadband and the landline.
Going to purchase a dongle, watch the free stuff on the old Sky box and stolen the other half Amazon Prime stick.
Need to get links to all the free to watch stuff on the web now. (hint!!)

Cheeky gits said that I could get upgraded to FO, that's great, but when are they coming out to replace the 40 year old copper wires into my house from the exchange 4 miles away. last time I did a download check I was only getting 5% of what they were quoting into my gaff. faster over the airwaves!!
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Stu9

Post by Stu9 »

Christ sky aren't getting a good name here.....and I just spoke to them and they'll give me the basic tv and bb pack for 22 a month, granted its not fancy fibre just ordinary but seemingly that's all I need. If I wanted fibre it'd be extra 10
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

I gave up watching and owning an actual Television 9 years ago.

Used to have SKY and paid £19.99 a month. Where we are, you can't get a signal for BBC or ITV with a normal antennae, or a freeview booster thing. Nearest TV transmitter is 80 miles line of sight in Helmsdale. So, no option but to have a satellite dish and rent SKY if you want to watch TV.

Trouble with that is, I had to pay the TV licence (which was about 120 quid), which allowed me to watch BBC, ITV etc, but not being able to receive it without SKY, I end up paying AGAIN for the same channels via SKY. A rip off paying twice.

So, the TV went, and I took the dish off the wall. I'm the only one in all the houses now to not have a dish on the wall. I told the TV licence company I don't need a licence anymore, as anything I watch now is on "catch up" via the computer.

I was in someones' house a week ago who had the full SKY package, and it amazed me that they are still showing the same rubbish that was on 10 years ago. It's fine if you want to rent it for live sport, but I wasn't interested in that.

And I don't miss it one bit.

As for Virgin or SKY? We can't get Virgin up here (nearest is 50 miles away in Aberdeen), as there are no cables in the ground for Virgin. So, it's SKY or BT. A bit of a monopoly in this town. The thieving bar Stewards. :evil:

(Have since got a 42inch TV, but just for the Playstation and VHS - TV licence peoples came to inspect on their annual "come see if I still don't need a licence" and are happy that I ain't using it to watch TV, as there's "no means of receiving a signal as it's being broadcast")
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
Stu9

Post by Stu9 »

If I could get away with not having one I would but I like watching a few things, but sports nope, especially football, even bike/car racing pisses me off now it's just monotonous, must be my age :mrgreen:
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

I think a lot of people are addicted to the telly. By means of if it was removed from the house, they'd be lost. Which is strange, cos I thought that with the invention of the internet, most people watch stuff on the i-player or catch-up. And if those type of folk do watch the majority on the computer/laptop or ipad device, then why the need to pay for a TV licence and SKY dish?

Ok, with live TV, you get to watch stuff there and then. With catch up (for MotoGP and the like) I have to wait a while for it to come on the computer - and I also have to NOT read peoples posts telling me who won the race, as I haven't watched it yet).

I never bothered with sport, don't have kids (so no cartoon channels were watched), and never bothered with the "one hour later" programs. So, paying 20 quid a month for SKY, and a TV licence JUST for a news channel, and the odd nature documentary/Discovery channel thing wasn't worth it. Come to think of it, I used the SKY to listen to the rqadio channels more than the actual Picture channels.

And when I found out that I could watch maybe 90% of it on the internet (via YouTube or the dedicated catch up sites), I've never looked back at a TV, and never will.

OK, my computer is old, and it doesn't have the capabilities for High Definition. I don't have Wi-Fi, and I have to watch everything on 360p. I can't understand why people MUST have the latest, thinnest, largest TV in a small room (some folk have 50 inch tvs in tiny Council houses - makes me laugh). Then, everything MUST be in HD. Or Curve the screen for a better view. Or fit 200 speakers everywhere for a "home cinema". And then the ones who can afford the FULL HD SKY package at stupid money per month, on the biggest HD TV available - and then they only watch the odd game of footie or a movie on it (not justifying the outlay). Laughable to my eyes. But, each to their own.

I too am getting too old, too quick. The world is turning too fast for my liking! :( :lol:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

rmh wrote:Just cancelled EVERYTHING with BT....

Added BT Sport for Free ( as I have fibre broadband) and when they bought champions league football they started charging - so I requested to cancel as I don't want to help pay the stupid price they bid for football.

Anyway months later still arguing as they are STILL charging me - so filed a complaint, requested a full refund of the charges and closed the account. - watch MOTOGP on ITV4 (Highlights on Monday_)

Rob
Thought I'd better check mine: BT sport still free. Went with BT as they had the fastest broadband for my house and best overall deal on TV, phone and interweb. Paying for sport would have fooked that. I only watch the GP.
kev64

Post by kev64 »

I rang sky to cancel my broadband but found out that I still got 4 months to go :problem:
so they offered me unlimited fibre for 12months for 7.50 a month (plus 17 quid line rental of course)
no sky tv, just use there box as a freesat box now !!
I do miss the pause/record functions though !! :D
very difficult to cancel when they offer fibre (40mbs) for 4 quid more a month
than I was paying for standard broadband :thumbup: