Almost fell of my bike, wasps n' knickers, and a GREAT day!!

General Biker Banter
TheGingerBeardMan

Almost fell of my bike, wasps n' knickers, and a GREAT day!!

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

:Beer Popcorn:

Was following a silver Vauxhall Corsa for couple of miles. 2 people in the car...both female, window halfway down on the drivers side and I could hear the music booming despite the "2 second rule" and the noise of the VTR.

Before we got near the town, the car shot across the white line. Then suddenly came back online and then almost mounted the grass verge. Passenger was jumping up and down, then the passenger door opened and closed again - at 60mph. 8O :eek2

I thought they had a puncture, but all tyres looked ok from where I was. I dropped back a bit more.

Then the white smoke from the tyres, as she slammed on the brakes, stalled it, both doors flung open, and both got out of the car as if the thing was on fire. Which it wasn't.

I jammed my brakes on and pulled up sharply behind them. By this time, they had both legged it about 50 yards away from the car, both hysterical.

The big deal?

A wasp flew in the window. :lol: :lol:

They panicked and tried to "shoo" it out with a magazine. Then the passenger freaked out as the wasp landed above her knee and she thought it would go up her skirt. She tried to flick it with the mag, but accidentally pressed it down and it stung her (which made her panic more).

Shortly after, the wasp went to the drivers side and landed in the "shelf" of the clocks, the driver panicked (trying to keep control of the car, with a screaming (and in tears) passenger) and decided the best course of action would be to get out of the car - quickly.

I walked to the car, checked inside, and saw no wasp. Probably now gone, due to both doors being wide open. I advised the driver to get the car off the road.

I asked the "stingee" if she was ok, or is she allergic to wasp or bee stings. She didn't know. But I said if she was, then she'd not be talking. "Ever been stung before?" "No", she said. Told her to relax (if possible) take deep breaths and calm down before she starts hyperventilating.

You could clearly see the sting area. Almost midway between her knee and her "secret bits", slightly inside of her left thigh. OO 'ECK. 8O

I said "vinegar is the best thing for a wasp sting, as it almost instantly takes away the pain. And, it just so happens that, (if you don't mind), I have vinegar sachets in my backpack (that I carry extra if I'm out for a chip run"). She said she didn't believe me, but her driver friend said yes, it was. So, it was a yes, as it bl00dy hurts. Sat her down, 2 vinegar sachets ripped open, soaked into a folded tissue, and I pressed it over the stung area. Told her to keep it pressed whilst I rip open a couple more.

Very nice lass (in her mid 30s probably), very short skirt (more like a belt with a hem), and couldn't help but keep noticing the sky blue knickers. Legs up to her neck it seemed. (in my head, I'm repeating the words "bl00dy 'ell", "where a Go-Pro chest rig when I need one?"....). :lol: :twisted:

All I could say was "if anyone asks why you smell of vinegar in that area, for gods sake tell them what happened. As I don't want to be on Crimewatch as a pervert who has a fetish for soaking girls legs in vinegar at the side of country roads". But she didn't take it the wrong way. After getting back on me bike, I almost crashed the bike, cos I started laughing so hard my eyes were running and I couldn't see a thing. I had to pull over again.

I think if it was a toss up between farting about in bad light getting oily with a guys chain, or a sunny afternoon at the side of the road, pressing a tissue onto a lassies inner thigh with more on view than there should be, I don't think it's a difficult choice to make....

All in all, a good day. Got fed and watered at me favourite café, hammered the bike well into 3 figures, and then ended up tackling a single figure. :thumbup:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
MacV2

Re: Almost fell of my bike, wasps n' knickers, and a GREAT d

Post by MacV2 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With your hand where it was during the 'treatment' you missed a chance to get the ''Wasp Up ? '' joke in...

GBM Superhero special powers...Fixes bikes at the side of the road...Eases wasp stings with vinegar...

You'll have to start wearing your grundies on the outside of your trews soon...What do you mean you already do !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TheGingerBeardMan

:lol: :lol:
That was one of the scariest things I've been unlucky enough to have been behind for a long while.

But, sitting at me desk, after a good few cups o' coffee, I shudder to think about what could have happened. Y'know, if there was anything coming our way when she crossed the line, or if a poor sod on a bicycle was at pedalling along oblivious when she veered almost onto the grass on the left.

I won't judge her for panicking, as I've been in cars myself when the drivers spotted a wasp, and it was a white knuckle ride for a bit. Men can be wusses too. But to do what she did, she's bl00dy lucky she didn't unbalance the car and roll it with the erratic swerving.

It's one of them things (getting "permission" to help that close to a personal area on a total stranger), that it will probably never happen again. A one off. It'll give her something to talk about at the pub over the weekend. :lol:

As for wearing me trollies on the outside? Yaaay. Captain Chaos! Maybe I should get a Yellow VTR and put AA on the side? I could cover mechanical breakdowns...and mental breakdowns.

:lol: :lol:

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Note to self: Must carry vinagar :clap:

:erection:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

just wondering if you took your helmet off first ????
it may be clever, but its not big.
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

RAINMAKER wrote:just wondering if you took your helmet off first ????
Nope, he always uses protection :wink:
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

no wasp in the whiskers then.......
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

did i just open Razzle by mistake
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:lol: that was a good read GBM, well done :clap:
You must be the only person I've ever heard of that carries vinegar with you when out on your bike 8) it certainly paid off this time :wink:

Chris.
darkember

Post by darkember »

sirch345 wrote::lol: that was a good read GBM, well done :clap:
You must be the only person I've ever heard of that carries vinegar with you when out on your bike 8) it certainly paid off this time :wink:

Chris.
I think form now on he won't be the only one to carry vinegar. Surprised you didn't get her number after all that :D :D
kev64

Post by kev64 »

GBM you are without doubt the forums superhero !!
(and you always tell a good tale) keep up the good work GBM !!! :thumbup:
TheGingerBeardMan

sirch345 wrote:You must be the only person I've ever heard of that carries vinegar with you when out on your bike
You mean, no-one else carries these little sachets? Even if you drive a car? I've got into the habit of carrying sweetener and vinegar sachets (from McDonalds n' the like). My last "squeeze" always said they never put enough salt or vinegar on the chips if we drove out to a chippy and sat and ate them miles out of town. So, we started carrying them in the glove-box of the car. And, force of habit, I now carry them. But, whilst I've used them on me chips now and again, I never thought I'd find that use for them. Absolutely bizarre. :lol:

Did I take me helmet off? Yes. And she didn't run away screaming that the local Zoo had lost an Orangutan.

No Stuart - you haven't opened Razzle by mistake. There was no "bow-chikka-chikka-ding" music, she didn't flick her hair back "in slow motion", I never got her number, although I did wonder what will happen if she has a boyfriend and they see me in the town at a later date. Will she say "oh look, there's that guy wot did this...." and then all hell breaks loose?

Still, if I get punched in the eye, at least I can use more sachets to apply a vinegar compress over it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kev64

Post by kev64 »

If there was any trouble you will not get hurt coz you are "The GBM" :cool2
TheGingerBeardMan

kev64 wrote:If there was any trouble, you will not get hurt, coz you are: "The GBM"
LOL! :lol: Now, if no-one knows what GBM is, I wonder what they think it will stand for? "Oh Sally, we in trouble. But there's this advert I saw once, scribbled in crayon on a toilet wall. Says we should call The GBM". Oh, ok Mavis, but erm, who, or what, is a GBM? "Dunno Sal, but shall we call it and find out....

Yeah. I suppose I'm handy cos I carry a decent tool kit (apart from when I'm going somewhere "clean"), and I can help if anyone needs to sweeten their drink in a hurry.

I could also be hired to help out insomniacs. I just turn up and tell em how me day went. They'll be asleep in no time! :roll: :lol: :Sleep2: :Sleep:

kev64

Post by kev64 »

Between you and me we could be the " Dynamic Duo" (or maybe the dopey duo :lol: )
I could F**k everything up and you could fix it !! :thumbup: