renthals

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Pon

Re: renthals

Post by Pon »

What's the cheapest way to do a bar conversion? I see yokes that'll take bars for £125 but it doubles with brake lines etc! I'd like to do it for under £200

:Beer Popcorn:
If at first you don't succeed - tools down and go for a ride.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Ultra low rentals ,2" up 2" back bar clamps and drill the top yoke .
Pon

Post by Pon »

lloydie wrote:Ultra low rentals ,2" up 2" back bar clamps and drill the top yoke .
What about the brake lines?
SKMXL

Post by SKMXL »

lloydie wrote:Ultra low rentals ,2" up 2" back bar clamps and drill the top yoke .
Are the oem top yoke strong enough to hold with only drilling holes? Aren't it quit thin on the middle for that?
Drive safe!
Pon

Post by Pon »

SKMXL wrote:
Are the oem top yoke strong enough to hold with only drilling holes? Aren't it quit thin on the middle for that?
I'm sure I've seen one for sale on ebay that has already been drilled, looks a mess :(
budd

Post by budd »

Pon wrote:What's the cheapest way to do a bar conversion? I see yokes that'll take bars for £125 but it doubles with brake lines etc! I'd like to do it for under £200

C'nC (topyokes.com) have offer on their Storm top yokes £99 IIRC, as for the brake and clutch if you already have braided you can simply extend them, using a couple of goodridge unions ( speed fit male and female ). intobikes.com were doing gold Renthals for £24.99 (22mm not fat bars) so you can easily do the conversion for under £200,I'm doing the Aprilia at the moment should be sorted for well under £200, all that said I've had issues with both suppliers so don't expect stella delivery times.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
Pon

Post by Pon »

budd wrote:
Pon wrote:What's the cheapest way to do a bar conversion? I see yokes that'll take bars for £125 but it doubles with brake lines etc! I'd like to do it for under £200

C'nC (topyokes.com) have offer on their Storm top yokes £99 IIRC, as for the brake and clutch if you already have braided you can simply extend them, using a couple of goodridge unions ( speed fit male and female ). intobikes.com were doing gold Renthals for £24.99 (22mm not fat bars) so you can easily do the conversion for under £200,I'm doing the Aprilia at the moment should be sorted for well under £200, all that said I've had issues with both suppliers so don't expect stella delivery times.
I aint got braided. I've seen topyokes but when you add brake lines, then vat it's over £250
I can't see their £99 offer?
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

If you cant afford braided lines, grab some off a hornet 900.
Pon

Post by Pon »

NZSpokes wrote:If you cant afford braided lines, grab some off a hornet 900.
Now that's a good idea, do they have hydraulic clutch too?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Pon wrote:
i had a standard top yoke drilled with risers and it was more than strong enough so i wouldnt worry that way..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
budd

Post by budd »

C'nC Storm offer is here:
http://www.topyokes.uk/news/
in the news section
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

Pon wrote:
No mate they are cable clutch. But the stock line works if you pop it out of its holder by the forks.
Pon

Post by Pon »

NZSpokes wrote:
Pon wrote:
No mate they are cable clutch. But the stock line works if you pop it out of its holder by the forks.
Cool, I'll have to check that out :)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

budd wrote:C'nC Storm offer is here:
in the news section
Cheers for finding and posting the link Budd :thumbup: although it appears the top yoke conversion is now £125 plus vat on their main site, unless I've missed something.
I see you can get 10% discount by paying direct which might be a help.

I've seen a CnC top yoke conversion in the flesh so-to-speak on a Firestorm, it certainly appears to be a good quality piece of engineering, no rubbish which is what BTT says.
It's just the problem of how long it's going to take to get one :eh: that would put me off,

Chris.
budd

Post by budd »

sirch345 wrote:
budd wrote:C'nC Storm offer is here:
in the news section
Cheers for finding and posting the link Budd :thumbup: although it appears the top yoke conversion is now £125 plus vat on their main site, unless I've missed something.
I see you can get 10% discount by paying direct which might be a help.

I've seen a CnC top yoke conversion in the flesh so-to-speak on a Firestorm, it certainly appears to be a good quality piece of engineering, no rubbish which is what BTT says.
It's just the problem of how long it's going to take to get one :eh: that would put me off,

Chris.
ring them and tell them you've seen the yokes at £99 and they will probably do them at that price, this is what happened when I ordered mine for the RSV. I saw them on @ £110 sale price on my phone while in the pub sun afternoon but then on Monday when I'd decided to order some ant they had gone back up to £125 so I rang them spoke to Matt asking him what was going on with the sale etc and he did them for the sale price in the end with VAT and delivery they were £140 which is pretty good value because as you say they are good quality. But as you are also aware they are not the greatest at getting the yokes out to you I was told 48hrs turnaround for the non anodised yokes but a week later I still hadn't got them I'm now hoping they'll be waiting for me when we get back from our Easter break.
I'll post an update when I get home. :D