i have been lower than Rossi

General Biker Banter
macdee

i have been lower than Rossi

Post by macdee »

Ok here we go
Went for a great ride yesterday Antrim coast road then stopped at Ballycastle as all hard bikers do far a Mango and cream Ice cream
didn't get any on me jacket may I add
Headed over to Portrush to watch the air show ,that euro fighter is something else
After the show me and the mate parted company and took different ways home I opted for the Coleraine kilrea road a great road for brisk return to base

Now this is where the now famous manoeuvre took place, not the *%$mph straights and bends but right at my mums gate
Yes when I pulled up at the gates my brother in law was just there before me , the gates were shut he jumped out to open them

Now I could have been polite and waited but ah naw as soon as he opened the first gate I made my move passing him on the inside at OVER 2 miles per hour then losing control ,not being able to get my foot off the peg in time to save the day I ended up stuck head and shoulder against the headlight and bumper at about 35 degree angle to close to the ground to be able to put my foot down to lift the bike

Now this is the position no man wants to be in you cant hold on much longer the bikes in gear ,clutch lever pulled in and have to think fast or the beloved bike is going to touch down
so what do you do , you scream like a girl ,yep that's what I did screamed like a girl then shouted the words AGH DAVID HELP ME
he run over and lifted the bike up right , I asked if the car was ok he said don't worry about the car but only after checking to see if it was dented (I don't no how it wasn't )
Both feet down from now on I think

so how was your day then :D
Last edited by macdee on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
told you not to but oh no you knew better
AMCQ46

Re: i have been lower than Rossi

Post by AMCQ46 »

Screaming like a girl always works :thumbup:

Virt, there's a hint for Wales :D
AMcQ
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Fer gawds sake - what's happening with all these low speed drops?

Are they putting something in the water or what?
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Fer gawds sake - what's happening with all these low speed drops?

Are they putting something in the water or what?
Yeah Hops, malt, barley...Vodka take your pic....In my case it was caffine...BTW... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

AMCQ46 wrote:Screaming like a girl always works :thumbup:

Virt, there's a hint for Wales :D
I'm not dropping my baby. Don't want to have to take out a mortgage to fix her :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

macdee wrote:Ok here we go
Went for a great ride yesterday Antrim coast road then stopped at Ballycastle as all hard bikers do far a Mango and cream Ice cream
didn't get any on me jacket may I add
Headed over to Portrush to watch the air show ,that euro fighter is something else
After the show me and the mate parted company and took different ways home I opted for the Coleraine kilrea road a great road for brisk return to base

Now this is where the now famous manoeuvre took place, not the *%$mph straights and bends but right at my mums gate
Yes when I pulled up at the gates my brother in law was just there before me , the gates were shut he jumped out to open them

Now I could have been polite and waited but ah naw as soon as he opened the first gate I made my move passing him on the inside at OVER 2 miles per hour then losing control ,not being able to get my foot off the peg in time to save the day I ended up stuck head and shoulder against the headlight and bumper at about 35 degree angle to close to the ground to be able to put my foot down to lift the bike

Now this is the position no man wants to be in you cant hold on much longer the bikes in gear ,clutch lever pulled in and have to think fast or the beloved bike is going to touch down
so what do you do , you scream like a girl ,yep that's what I did screamed like a girl then shouted the words AGH DAVID HELP ME
he run over and lifted the bike up right , I asked if the car was ok he said don't worry about the car but only after checking to see if it was dented (I don't no how it wasn't )
Both feet down from now on I think

so how was your day then :D
Great read :thumbup: I'm only laughing cause now one got hurt ( except our pride) and we all done something like that or simulr in the past.

Mine was parking on sheet ice in the car park one winter. I managed to ride on and park but when I cam back to the bike I couldn't get it off the stand and turn it around. I must have looked like Bamby on Ice. Legs everywhere. Soon drew a crowd, but none of those feckers came over to help they all just stood there waiting for the inevitable.
Needles to say, once the sweet started to drip off my nose and I had reached the right temperature, I politely told them where to go if they weren't going to help me.
My crowd control worked a little too well and they all left me to struggle on my own. I'm sure I must have impressed some of them though because I'm sure they were commenting on the size of my man hood as they left :oops:

Didn't drop it but eventually got it turned around so I could get it off the ice. Boy was I glad to get gone from there.
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lmao thank christ im not the only one sh1t happens to lol :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
stealthbomber

Post by stealthbomber »

I managed to drop my first storm whilst pushing it along! Not riden it for a few weeks so had a flat battery thanks to the crappy alarm draining it so jump started it and rode a mile to fuel up. Jumped back on and dead as disco, wouldn't bump start so decided to push her home. I got about 100 yards from my house which was on a slight incline and caught the footpeg on the back of my calf, tripped over and down we went! Oh how i laughed when i saw the damage, anyone would think I'd just high sided out of the Melbourne loop :oops:
In the land of ham fisted, I am king
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Apparently Rossi also screams like a girl every corner.

Or it might be that girls scream every corner.

Or Rossi- "I screams every corner".

Or Rossi ice creams from the van on the corner.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.