fukyfukfuk fek...

General Biker Banter
MacV2

fukyfukfuk fek...

Post by MacV2 »

..dropped it !

Fortunatly very low speed...as in not moving...Gravity took over on a slope whilst trying to mount up...Image

Minor scuffs to the bar end & clutch leaver...Broken indi (should bodge... F2 one, got old ones no F2 ones...typical.) small crack in fairing by indi & it snapped the lower/inner mount point as well...

Bugger, buggerit,buggery & Bugger...!

Embarrassingly this happeed in front of Mr Mon's & Mr Jeff...bloody full salco with half twist pike & the bastids just laughed & only awarded me 3.5 & a 4....Gits...

I wouldnt mind but I bloody dropped me lid earlier as well...been a bad day...

I tried getting some good karma flowing by stopping on the M25/A2 slip, as a bloke was pushing a Vespa along...I was more worried for the little kid with him walking along a live M-way... 8O ...Any way I went past them & saw a small not really a layby...pulled up & waited...Out of gas...So I whipped out the bit of pipe I carry for just such emergencies...& we filled up a bottle found at the side of the road ( not filled with HGV drivers piss I might add...well he did sniff it so I assume it was OK, from my tank he added some 2stroke & the bugger wouldnt start...He says dont worry I'll bump it down the slope..He did...he didn't offer me any money for said fule...he didn't offer for me to follow him to the petrol staition & get half a litre...He must think the stuff grows on trees... :lol: :lol: He did get a mouth full of fule during the sucking sesssion... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any way still seething so...

I'm off for a coffee & a fag
Last edited by MacV2 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Re: fukyfukfuk fek...

Post by lloydie »

Sounds like you should of stayed in bed Mac !.
Least you didn't wreck your wrists again.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

that's crap mac. :(

I tried to turn it round once at very slow speed and misjudged the turning circle/fulllock.

front wheel just tucked under , at about 2 mph and I couldn't hold it. cracked the fairing . its still cracked but I just pretend it isn't. I too was pi55ed off
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
toonarmy

Post by toonarmy »

Did the same myself last year mate it's a mare
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

numpty :thumbdown:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:numpty :thumbdown:
Yep...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Don't know if mr Jeff wants em back or not but I got a pair of levers off him and never used em you are welcome to them but I'm in Croatia for next 2 weeks an abut p1ssed while typing this. :beer:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It always happens when there's an audience.

And when you've just cleared your stock of spare indicators.....

As said, at least you walked away, mate.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote:Don't know if mr Jeff wants em back or not but I got a pair of levers off him and never used em you are welcome to them but I'm in Croatia for next 2 weeks an abut p1ssed while typing this. :beer:
Nah your allright, just a scuff on the end...+ It's a Titax shorty as well so not std...Ta tho... :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:It always happens when there's an audience.

And when you've just cleared your stock of spare indicators.....

As said, at least you walked away, mate.
Yeah typical innit...I'm gonna have to stop coming round yours...Bad things happen when I leave... :lol: :lol:

Still pissed that after my full salco with half twist pike you only gave me a 3.5 tho ... :lol: :lol:
darkember

Post by darkember »

Mac you must stop goofing around :lol: :lol: Glad your ok m8. :thumbup:
popkat

Post by popkat »

Does the crack match the small one on the other side now :wink:

I'm sure most have done similar before, I know I have and there does always seem to be an audience, I once years ago got a round of applause from a load of yuppies outside a pub in the city when I did it.
Then there's forgetting to put the sidestand down or putting it down just before you stop and not realising it flipped up again on the kerb.
or parked bike on a hill and left it in gear, came back and started it before getting on...there was no sidestand cut out :oops:

It's turning into embarrassing off's at standstill :lol:

early days of mobile phones, thought I'd be clever when it rang and while slowing down and almost stopped I popped it in neutral got my phone out to see who it was and gently pulled the front brake to stop, this was at about 2mph, I didn't see the discarded foil tin from a Chinese takeaway, locked the front and ended up in a heap on the floor.

Looking in a bike shop window as I went past and didn't notice the car in front slowed down, looked up braked to a stop and put my left foot down as you do, but the road had a heavy camber and the kerb was high, I went straight over and got stuck under the bike which was trapping my leg where there's screws in it, bloody hurt and no one came to help me, took a few minutes to free myself then a bit longer to get pick the bike up.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

That's a real bummer of a thing to happen, and I'm saddened to hear it. :(

I've done it meself many years back. Went to the Isle of Man for the TT one year, got all the way down, across, then haired around the island like a loony, and managed to come all the way home again - only to drop the bike in the driveway as I tried to lift the bike onto the centre stand. The legs were tired and I didn't realise the strength had been zapped so only got the stand halfway and I couldn't hold it any longer. Mega damage (all plastic ZZR1100).

I also went to Germany on another bike, survived the trip down the map to Dover, and not one incident on the Froggy roads or the Autobahn. Came home without as much as a close shave anywhere. Unloaded the bike and went to make a coffee. No milk in the fridge, so jumped on the bike to ride 1/4 of a mile into the village. Parked outside the shop, and as I was standing at the till ready to pay for me milk, I heard an almighty wallop. I knew straight away that some bugger had hit the bike. The delivery van for the Chemist reversed into it and made a right mess. Bl00dy typical. All that way, all those miles, and nothing - only to get home and walloped on me own doorstep.

Ok, it wasn't me dropping it that time, but me point is: you have travelled gawd knows how many miles, to various OP Storms, up and all over the place at numerous runs and meet n' greets. And nothing happened during all those miles, junctions and being amongst millions of vehicles. (I'm not counting the arm incident)

And then, you go drop it and ferk up various bits on someones' drive at zero mph. It's a hellish way to damage a bike. But, yer not alone, cos many of us have done it (and many won't admit to doing it, but will make up a superb story on how they trashed the bike). Heck, I've even seen professional riders drop their bikes at a near standstill (copper on BMW and one on an FJ1300 who stopped at a set of lights, put his foot down and his boot slipped and down he went.) - so it happens to the best of folk.

But that doesn't make you feel any better does it? I share your pain, anger, embarrassment and p1ssed off-ness, and hope it hasn't dented yer pride too much. (Although be prepared for mega p1ss taking at every OP Storm between now and forever).
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

''Does the crack match the small one on the other side now :wink: ''

No it doesn't...This one runs back from the indi hole & is about 1/2 inch long...I say about, when Martys back from Spain I'll get him to whip his mimber out to measure it against... :lol: :lol:

As it happens I only found the one on the other side yesterday when cleaning the bike...Not noticed it before...Do I get a refund Malc ?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

GBM...

''But that doesn't make you feel any better does it? I share your pain, anger, embarrassment and p1ssed off-ness, and hope it hasn't dented yer pride too much. (Although be prepared for mega p1ss taking at every OP Storm between now and forever).''

No it doesn't...Thank you & it hasn't dented my pride too much...theres not much there to dent TBH...(Yes I will be prepared...I wont park on any slope's )

:lol: :lol:

Off to watch the BSB now... :wave: ...Beeeyyyyy...