Came off my bike TWICE!!!!!

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

Came off my bike TWICE!!!!!

Post by StormingHonda »

Went to do a bit of shopping at Tesco last night, it was just after that little thunder and rain we had, as I went past the petrol station on the bend BANG!!! no warning, no skid, the bike just went straight over a bit battered and pissed off I got back on the bike some damage but nothing bad, with both feet down I slowly made my way into Tesco car park, had to fill out an accident form over the phone the staff were really good, cleaned up my wounds made sure I was OK, then I waited for a little while then decided to see if the bike was OK running wise, got round a bend in the car park BANG!!! straight over AGAIN.

Called out one of my Brothers to come and take a look.

Smashed mirror, K&N filter mangled, exhaust scrapped at rear, brake lever and pedal scrapped up ( hand lever end worn down ), steering slightly bent.

I suspect the handle bars are ever slightly bent or the rubbers are crushed, apart from that the Harley done well, most other bikes would be smashed, all damage superficial.

The only conclusion we could come to was that someone had gone into Tesco petrol station, brimmed there car/van lorry with Diesel gone round the bend and splashed some on the road, I have had this before in a car and watched a car in front of my go through concrete bollards.

I must of picked some up on my front wheel.

I'm a bit battered and bruised the bike luckily isn't to bad.

If you have a Diesel car or drive a van or lorry, please, PLEASE don't brim your fuel when filling up, because you can't see Diesel if is a killer I know I have experienced it in two separate occasions.
Miztaziggy

Re: Came off my bike TWICE!!!!!

Post by Miztaziggy »

Also rubber on the road can do this.

If it's been hot and dry for a while then we get sudden rain, it washes off the layer of tyre rubber that builds up and makes it extra slippy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Twice! EEK! :sad2
That's not nice. I have to pass a buss depot every morning and there is almost always a spill outside the place and another one at the end of the street at the lights. Makes my blood boil, it's just senseless stupidity and could cause a real problem. I always get super paranoid now when I see any kind of liquid spill on the road. No point in lying in the middle or the road and saying to yourself, "Yep!, that was diesel" I try to avoid everything. Probably to my own riding detriment cause I know I tense up when going over some bits that just can't be avoided.
Hope your pride and your body mend soon,
Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

bloody hell mate, that sucks.
Hope all is fixed soon and, can aways put the bruises down to domestic abuse...

Re overfilling, most of my squad are all bikers so we are well aware of overfilling and get stuck into those that don't play fair.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that's crap news mate, I always take care around petrol stations, but I've been down twice over the years because of crap on the roads. I hope you ain't to badly battered mate :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

jesus wept thats not good :oops:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I've started ordering parts to fix the Harley with, like I said superficial Damage, ironically the most expensive parts going to be the damned air filer £75 from K&N HD lakeside are trying to source me an after market part at a cheaper rate.

The rear exhaust can stay scratched, not replacing something that isn't broken so to speak.

Today I am bloody sore, my neck, right shoulder and I have bruises and graze on my right knee :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Check to see if the bit of land is owned by Tesco, if it is, it's their responsability to keep it safe for all users.

Sue the b8stard !

Thats what they pay their insurance for...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

MacV2 wrote:Check to see if the bit of land is owned by Tesco, if it is, it's their responsability to keep it safe for all users.

Sue the b8stard !

How do I check that?, they reckon they dont
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormingHonda wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Check to see if the bit of land is owned by Tesco, if it is, it's their responsability to keep it safe for all users.

Sue the b8stard !

How do I check that?, they reckon they dont

Get a solicitor on the case...IMO even if they dont own it they are using it & have a legal obligation to keep their patrons safe...

No win no fee mob will prob help you out...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
darkember

Post by darkember »

That truly sucks mend quick.
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Get well soon m8tey, Diesel spills are treacherous and can happen really
anywhere but be mindful of roadside park up laybys , roundabouts in industrial areas,
to and from in / out of fuel stations, truckstops,...dockside harbour/ port areas ..
it is very hard to remember and watch them all.. Highways have a legal obligation to cleanse them and if I
come across a spill I always report it ... good luck and I hope your firestorm gets better also .. :thumbup:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

not diesel but got trapped on a road with the " loose chippings 20 Mph" sign today.

not really deep but bad enough to make the chin fairing look like it had been attacked by a sawn off shotgun.

the tar under the chippings was still dead soft , temp was still high so when I got off the road and pulled off to look at my tyres they looked like they had been pebbledashed ?!!.

stormin did anyone help you get the Harley upright?? doing that by yourself sounds like a good way to slip a disc !!

hope you get it all sorted out quick :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
dannymassive

Post by dannymassive »

Sorry to hear of your spill :(

Hope you get it fixed up soon :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Bloody hell Jay twice in one day. Don't do the lottery on that day. :roll: I hope you not too battered the Harley is not not exactly light. It's surprising how quick a wheel can be swooped of it's feet on diesel. IMO it's worse than Ice.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside