Handlebar swop

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirch345
Site Admin

Handlebar swop

Post by sirch345 »

To anybody who might be interested,
Recently I changed the handlebars on my 1999 T Reg Storm to the newer ones which are black not metalic silver. They will fit with the same (16ltr) fuel tank and they clear the fairing. I compared the old and new ones when both off the bike. The only difference I could detect on the newer ones (at the end of the barweight) was approximately 3/4" (19mm) higher, the other end of the bar at the clamp end was the same as the original. This does not sound a lot but the different angle for me makes it much more comfortable. One other thing I did notice was the black bars were slightly shorter than the original ones, but I would imagine with the less angle the overall width would be more or less the same as the original.

Chris.
NZred

Post by NZred »

I have the 03' model,.. and the bars that had been ok.. are now hurting my wrists in slow running traffic situations.

Does anyone know of any after market bars that will fit and raise the hand possitions?

I guess that I'm getting old.. or soft,..But I don't want to sell the bike.
whaaaa Hoooo, O'l fart on the loose ... :o

http://www.superhawkforum.com/
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Have a search on the forum, discussed many times before. If your after a cheap solution, vfr750 bars are almost a straight swap (a small change to the switchgear locating pegs is required) and i believe a good bit higher than the standard bars. I havnt tried it but I know someone else has made the swap.
Rich.

Druid

Post by Druid »

Yes, VFR750 bars fit and are a good 30mm higher than the standard bars - note that I have an F2 with the higher black bars to start with. They do slightly foul the fairing on full lock, and they need to be drilled for the switchgear to fit (or remove the locating pegs from the switchgear).