Stoner keeping his hand in.

Any racing related stuff
sirch345
Site Admin

Stoner keeping his hand in.

Post by sirch345 »

MotoGP » MotoGP: Casey Stoner completes two-day Honda test at Motegi 30 October 2014
Former champion Casey Stoner gets his first taste of MotoGP machinery in more than a year as he completes a two-day test for Honda in Japan.

Former world champion Casey Stoner has completed his two-day test for Honda at Twin Ring Motegi as the Australian returned to MotoGP action after more than a year off the bike.

The 2007 and 2011 champion, who retired at the end of the 2012 season, spent two full days riding the 2015 specification RC213V without any interruption, marking his first laps on a MotoGP machine since he last trialled Honda's bike almost exactly a year ago.

Called up to help hone Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa's set-up on the bike and work on engine development, Stoner was also given the chance to look beyond 2015 by testing Michelin rubber prior to the French return as the control tyre supply from 2016.

Despite taking his time getting back up to speed MotoGP machinery, Stoner described the test as a positive one.

“It took some time to get used to riding the bike again after a year off it! But everything felt good, I got back into the swing of things pretty quickly and we just got on with the testing programme HRC had planned.

“Day one went pretty well, testing both Marc and Dani's setups on the 2015 prototype machines and analysing these side by side we found some interesting differences and useful data. We also did some engine development and some other new items Honda brought for this test.

“Then on the second day we spent some time on the Michelin tyres for 2016. All in all it was very positive two-day test and we completed a lot of laps.”

No lap times were published.

Above taken form this link:-
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/210325 ... otegi.html

Chris.
Salty Dog

Re: Stoner keeping his hand in.

Post by Salty Dog »

I'm not 100% sure, but I was told he has finished his HRC contract on completion of the weekends testing.

Anyone know further on this?
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

don't know but he would be a very welcome person back on the grid. The guy was superb to watch.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

He's been racing in the Aussie Dunlop V8 supercar support series. Best finish of 5th.

Apparently he's not racing at all next year ''to spend more time with his family...'' Which I thought was the reason he gave for retiring from Moto GP ...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...