Guy Martin on TV again.

General Biker Banter
Mav617

Re: Guy Martin on TV again.

Post by Mav617 »

He's such a quality feller, top bloke :thumbup:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

very good viewing , I enjoyed that.

I was a bit surprised they hadn't got it running sweetly before they even took it over there though :roll:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
geodude

Post by geodude »

I wonder if he got laid!! lol
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Not having a telly, I shall have to wait for it to be on 4OD. Looking forward to it, as read the MCN pages shortly after he did it. Was a good read, and now, to see it on the pooter will be great.

I downloaded "TT3D: Closer to the edge" and watched that a few days ago. Really liked that. Saw a different side of Guy Martin that the normal telly-programme peoples hide. The swearing and his proud fiddler references were a hoot. There was also the seriously moody, grump, toys out of the pram side to him, and that was a surprise. It showed his true colours.

He's still a bloke I'd like to have round for tea to get to talk crap, and have a laugh at the same time. Y'know, that "who would you invite to a dinner party" type of person.

Although Guy is in his early 30s, he's still a lad, but by Christ, we'd have so much in common with the old engines, and this strong hankering to live in the past!

Proper Bloke! Can't wait to see if he gets like Fred Dibnah! But, I honestly don't think Guy will be here in 10 years. A sad premonition perhaps, but a realistic one. Which he knows himself to be a strong probability.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

His best episode yet .
Think I'll contact racefit to do my link pipes that exhaust looked great
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

lloydie wrote:His best episode yet .
Think I'll contact racefit to do my link pipes that exhaust looked great
+1 Tottaly agree Lloydie doing what he does best riding motorbikes to the limit on tight twisty roads :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I wonder if he got laid!! lol
Most woman I know find his beard a turn off. Mind you it's not really a beard is it. Extended sideburns is more like it. :lol: That's the problem, he needs to get rid they are too old fashioned.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

My mrs hates him :lol: she says he belongs in the funny farm ha ha
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I think the problem for your Mrs is living with you she has lost all sense of normality and her terms of reference have been disoriented. Hopefully she will learn that animal abuse, grooming young gullible boys and using castrol hmp grease as lube isn't the norm!!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:I think the problem for your Mrs is living with you she has lost all sense of normality and her terms of reference have been disoriented. Hopefully she will learn that animal abuse, grooming young gullible boys and using castrol hmp grease as lube isn't the norm!!!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you read my mind..... :wink:
I also agree about the bike not running correctly before they left for the states, I suppose we also have to remember its an entertainment programme and not to believe everything we see, I know that's a glass is half empty kind of view but hey, I used to believe every thing on top gear was true..... :lol:
nurse, where's my medication!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

from what I read before the program, they were running out of time and had to get the bike into the crate before they had any chance to do any shake down work. it was proper shoestring stuff :thumbup:
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nothing on television is real. Even that scene with the female was most likely fixed. She was paid to say that and it was most likely not the first take either. The first time some idiot walked past the camera making faces at it :wink: Even the News it's all faked to make you believe what they want you to believe. Control how you view things. It's an entertainment and mind control box. Now that's reality tv.

How about their car park workshop while the Duke boys had their snap on tools nicely laid out.

==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:Nothing on television is real. Even that scene with the female was most likely fixed. She was paid to say that and it was most likely not the first take either. The first time some idiot walked past the camera making faces at it :wink: Even the News it's all faked to make you believe what they want you to believe. Control how you view things. It's an entertainment and mind control box. Now that's reality tv.

How about their car park workshop while the Duke boys had their snap on tools nicely laid out.

welcome to the glass is half empty club carl, sounds like your running for club president.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I did like guys reaction to leob using oxygen, that wasn't common knowledge was it...... :wink:
bottom line for me is guy just looks like a guy you could spend a night drinking in a pub with........ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I was going to say but she hates me too !!

What my way of life ain't "normal" tis where I come from pops